Premed 101 Forums

Acceptances have arrived

Guest oak

Guest sugar

Hi,

For people that have received offers...congrats!! I was just wondering if there's a date that you have to accept the offer by and how that may affect applications to other schools?

Yep, you are supposed to let them know that you accept the offer by June 7th. It's a $300 deposit that is required. From what I heard at the orientation, you should accept, and then if you here from another school higher in your rankings and want to accept there, you just have to let UBC know, and kiss your money goodbye. What a beautiful system. Through this whole process that would have to be my biggest complaint. It is too bad the school's can't co-ordinate interview dates, offers and so forth.

Guest Kirsteen

Hi all,

Well, nothing in this Toronto mailbox as of today. :eek How's everyone else doing? Has anyone else "over here" on the East coast received anything today? How about "over there": have any of my MD/PhD co-applicants heard anything as yet?

Cheers,

Kirsteen

The UofT interview went well. It's always hard to judge how you did, not knowing their criteria. But I was basically happy with my answers, and both the student and Dr were friendly, so I feel fine about it. All of the questions were pretty standard, no current events, one ethical question, and the rest just asking me to elaborate on my essay or sketch.

Overall it was a good day, aside from the crappy weather. There was a orientation video, by the students, much like the one UBC did. We had a tour of the sick children's hospital, and the medical sciences building, which helps to give you a feel for the place. I really liked Toronto and the school, which will make for a tough decision if I get in.

Hi Kirsteen,

I've just got the refusal letter this afternoon. Perhaps you will get yours tomorrow, and I sincerely hope that yours will be a good one...You will make a good doctor!

Guest Kirsteen

B;

Thanks so much for your reply, but how natty your news is--ick. :( I don't think I've read too many other posts of yours around here, but I hope that you managed to secure some other interviews and that some options remain open for you.

What the heck is today, some sort of meds Black Monday? Come on Canada Post, some good news to balance this natty stuff!

Cheers,

Kirsteen

Hi Kirsteen,

Last time was my first time posting. Thank you for your encouragement.

Except UBC, I also got interviews from Ottawa & Mac. However, I am not as confident now although both of them went well....My UBC also went well.

Same as you (I guess), I did not get an interview from UofT this year. I got one last year and still believe that I should have given one this year...Heard enough bad things about the whole selection process in UofT...

All the bests and hope to hear some good news from you later.

Sincerely, B

Archived