Premed 101 Forums

UBC..what's happening? when are decisions?

Guest med2005

Guest casper

I would take this news with skeptisism, as I spoke to the admissions lady shortly and she said that no early admissions have yet been extended, and that most admission offers would be given in mid-may.

But if Dave is sincere, Hooraah! for him

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Ian Wong

Hey congrats Dave!

Once you're done recovering from your hangover or whatnot, please come back and tell us more details. I think everyone else here would like to find out more how you thought interviews went, your impressions of UBC, etc.

I'm also going to put a link from the General Discussion Forum onto this thread.

Hope to see you in the fall.

Ian

UBC, MS2

Guest Anonymous

Grow up Dave (if that's your real name),

I know for a fact that UBC hasn't sent out admission letters yet ... since the GOD DAMN committee is meeting next week. So unless YOU'RE SOME F^%$#N Rhode Scholar ... I think you need to get a F%^^%N life, before some of that really applied track you down and stick a stethoscope where the sun don't shine!

Chill OUT Anonymous guy .. remember you're also applying to medicine, not the WWF! I've also heard of people getting offers and rejections from M.D. Ph.D. already so Dave is probably being honest. From what I've heard the admission committee has already met ... in fact, they meet every week (ASK Ian Wong) if you'd like. You'd look pretty Silly if some SUPERSTAR with a Ph.D. in Philosophy named Dave is your lab partner ... correct!?

I think we all need to relax and wait (right Ian) ... after all, if you interviewed well and have done the right stuff ... you should get in. If you don't re-apply. I know this is my third and last year for applying ... I'm 29 ... so rather than acting immature at Dave, relax!

Guest Ian Wong

Easy folks...

Take a deep breath and relax a bit. No sense in getting all stressed out. I don't personally know the answer as to whether people are getting accepted or not. My personal instinct is that it's a bit early, but who knows? Stranger things have happened in admissions committees, and the bottom line is that your chances of acceptance have not changed one iota. Your application is in, and you'll all find out soon enough (and no, I don't know what that date is).

I won't be on campus for the next little while (in fact, I no longer have classes at UBC), so I won't be the best source of answers for you all. All I can say is that you should all relax a little bit. You are nearing the end of a very long and stressful application process. There's no need to bust an aneurysm now after all you've been through.

Mike, well said. I hope things go well for you. There's a guy in our class who got in on his *fourth* application attempt, and he's one of the strongest students in our class. The admissions process works in funny ways.

Ian

UBC, MS2

super's right. the adm office said that they have not sent out any letters yet. they anticipate that MOST letters will be sent out in mid-may. early acceptance letters MAY be sent out. so hang tight everyone . . . still have one month to go.

I suppose we will never know if someone has yet received

an acceptance until more people start getting them.

although i tend to believe the admissions lady that none

have yet been sent out.

Guest anonymous

If it was me that got accepted, I wouldn't be worried about checking this website anymore....cuz he is probably out getting trashed!!

Guest shikaka

the countdoun has begun.......approximately 20 days to decisions!

dont argue with me about it being more than 20 days.......just go with the spirit!!!!!!!!

Guest Anonymous

It's me again ... anonymous ... I'm getting sick and tired of everyone talking about Dave, first of all, the B^%$d doesn't even exist, if he did surely the F&^*N idiot would reply by now. What's a matter Dave, did you finally take your medication and realize that your letter of acceptance was a F*&%^n letter of rejection for interviews. Come everyone ... get on the Dave trashin' bandwagon. As for Mike (probably from SFU) maybe you and Dave could have a wrestling match and the loser could become a dentist!

Guest Ian Wong

Hey Anonymous,

I realise the anxiety level is probably at an all-time high right now, what with most people still in the dark as to admissions, and others writing finals, however, one thing I don't tolerate on this board is trash-talking. The only rule I have here is: Be nice.

If you don't believe Dave, then say so and give your reasons. Everyone else out there can read both sides, and come up with their own conclusions. If the information is bad, it'll get found out, and you now know who to believe, and who not to believe.

I'd like Dave to reply, but realistically, he might not be checking the board as frequently as the rest of us, or, it might have been bad info all along. In either event, we'll find out soon enough.

Ian

UBC, MS2

Anonymous, do you think Dave prefers to listen to people like you giving him s**t, or partying/getting trashed, etc. like an earlier poster mentioned? I'd pick the latter... Anyways, chill. It's not like him being accepted (or lying about it) will affect your chances. If you deserve to make it in, you'll get in regardless of what happens to Dave (if that's his real name).

Archived