Premed 101 Forums

*UBC Interview Updates

Guest Ian Wong

Guest Ian Wong

Author:*georgex32

Date:***1/16/2001 7:58 am*PST

Hi everyone,

I had my UBC interview a couple of days ago; both interviews went well. Does anyone know when we hear about the final decisions?....One of the interviers gave me very positive feedback and the other was very nice but didnt really give any feedback. Both were very nice and friendly.

Guest Ian Wong

Author:*GEORGEX32

Date:***1/24/2001 7:26 am*PST

WHY DOESNT ANYONE WRITE IN THIS FORUM!!!!!!!!!!!

WHEN DO WE HEAR ABOUT OUT ACCEPTANCE/REJECTION!

IS THERE ANY CHANCE WE CAN HERE IT BEFORE MAY??

Guest Ian Wong

Author:*Ian Wong, MS2

Date:***1/28/2001 1:46 pm*PST

Hi there,

You won't hear about acceptances/rejections for quite a little while yet. My personal guess is not for at least 1-2 months. There's an extremely good chance you'll know before May.

Finally, while I'm all for more traffic, that really depends on the people here. Roughly 40-50 people visit this board on a daily basis, it's just that most people don't want to post. For everyone out there, don't be afraid to ask questions. I'm sure you all have questions you'd like cleared up; I know I did (that's why I started this website in the first place, in an attempt to help others).

So, if you have anything you'd like cleared up, post your questions, and we'll try to help you out.

Ian

Can, MS2

Guest Ian Wong

Author:*Ian Wong, MS2

Date:***2/1/2001 10:32 am*PST

They will continue to send out interviews for quite some time (no, I don't know the exact dates). Rest assured that they are still busy reading essays and reference letters trying to decide the people they will be interviewing.

Ian

Can, MS2

Guest Ian Wong

Author:*georgex32

Date:***1/29/2001 7:25 am*PST

Yes! they are still sending out interview calls and they will continue to do so for a long while! my friend just got a call. It is a completly random process when you receive your interview; so, dont feel that stronger applicants get their interviews first becuase this is not the case.

Hope you do well on your shortly approaching interviews!

Guest Ian Wong

Author:*Betty

Date:***1/29/2001 1:57 pm*PST

Thank you

This is reassuring. :)

Anyone who knows more about the UBC process, please keep those of us here updated. Much appreciated.

Thanks

Guest Ian Wong

Author:*jjoe

Date:***2/1/2001 10:48 am*PST

hi all,

although I haven't gotten an interview (n will prob not) i'm pretty sure stronger applicants are interviewed first. the completeness of file does come into play it just makes common sense to me...

jjoe

Betty wrote:

-------------------------------

Thank you

This is reassuring. :)

Anyone who knows more about the UBC process, please keep those of us here updated. Much appreciated.

Thanks

Guest Ian Wong

Author:*samantha

Date:***2/1/2001 12:15 am*PST

Can any one tell me how Dr. Bates is as an interviewer? Do people who interview with her usually get in/ get rejected? Which other people are interviewing applicants this year?How are they in terms of niceness?!?!

Archived