Premed 101 Forums

does anybody know Dr Suneet Singh

Guest smile84

Guest not rex morgan

If I'm getting the names correct, she taught us during our renal unit. I don't know how she would be as an interviewer, but my impression of her was pretty good. She was very nice, extremely intelligent, organised, respectful, etc.

Guest Pathfinder83

I had an interview with her and she seemed very warm and receptive to my answers. At the same time she was quite demanding and confident too. The interview flowed quite well for me.

My second interviewer, Dr. Hermann Ziltener was quite difficult. Does anybody have experiences with him they would like to share? I am very worried about my chances after my interview with him. People advised me that he would be very comforting but he was very challenging and I don't know how I performed. It may be true that some interviewers are difficult but I was advised that he would be quite relaxed. I did find him as a nice person but just too challenging and I don't think I impressed him much, it defies what others have told me making me worried sick!

Guest smile84

Thanks everyone for you input! It's always reassuring to know that the interviewer is receptive.

Sorry, Pathfinder83. I haven't had any experiences with Dr. Ziltener, but I do wish you the best of luck!

Guest smile84

Thanks ssup! My interview is next week, on Thursday. I had my first one with Dr. Goodman last week. I'm hoping that Dr. Singh will be a little bit more welcoming!!!

• 2 weeks later...

just had an interview with Dr. Singh today.

she was extremely friendly, even offered me something to drink. I had the impression that i was talking to an older sister.

The whole conversation revolves around my thought process, not the facts that i already know. ie. she barely touched on my extracorricular experiences.

For me personally i think this is a good way of telling whether a candidate can think on his/her own.

good luck everybody.:b

Guest Pathfinder83

Hi,

When I had my interview with her, I had a similar experience. I thought however that she used my essay and activities sheet to bring up thought process questions. She did stay on track with my extracurricular activities and progressed through the sheet though. That's what was a little different. She never had a blank face and enjoyed some humor (which was good).

I'm still wondering if anyone has had Dr. Ziltener since he was my second interviewer. That interview has somewhat eclipsed my hopes and I would like to know if I'm alone in thinking he was tough.

Good luck!

Guest mika1616

Does Dr. Singh ask you about current events or ethics questions? I'm a little worried 'cause I haven't really been keeping up in current events.

Guest Pathfinder83

Hi mika1616,

Dr. Singh asked me an ethical question about integrity and there may have been another one but they were very straightforward. She welcomed my response. Lots of the questions focused on difficulties facing physicians, medical students and how I would cope with them. She did not ask me any current event questions. Try to prepare nevertheless, this was just my experience. I wasn't as prepared for current events either and my second interviewer threw many current event questions onto me.

Good luck! Hope it goes well!

Archived