Premed 101 Forums

What do you think?

Guest NACHO174

Guest NACHO174

Sorry for the slow reply...

I have most of the info that was available on the link Nathalie supplied, but did not work...you are welcome to it, how would you like me to get it to you?

Nacho,

Guest FIFEGIRL

yo all,

Everything is shaping up here at NOSM. I am a student here in the first year class. Congrats to all you keen aspiring young gals and guys who got interviews. I have to say that our admission interviews are alot more fun and friendlier than Mac's. Come with a smile on and be yourself. Some good articles you may want to read to get familarized with Northern Health Needs include Rural Health in Rural Hands. Another good book for medical ethics is Doing Right by Hebert. It is a fast read and it gives you case studies and doesn't cost much. Order it from U of T bookstore. We have lectures once a week here and I was scarred at first that that wouldn't be enough but now, I would rather not even have one lecture a week. I learn better in structured clinical skills and TOS then during lectures. You get use to it as you go. It's actually pretty fun and you learn that you still have to have a life during medical school. It's hard but fun at the same time. And we work as a team at NOSM. I personnally don't think there is any competition amongst any of our students. We work together. See yah all in the fall!!!!

Thank you kindly FIFE!

The words of encouragement are what we need as we nervously prepare!

Thanks for the tips as well!

Hope to see you in the fall aswell!

Anna :D

Archived