Premed 101 Forums

question for charter class members :)

Guest NurseNathalie

Guest NurseNathalie

Not sure if you are all too busy to be checking this site anymore.. but

1) did you have a CROP presentation yet? I was hoping to come up and talk to your class about CROP and see if anyone from NOSM is interested in joining me (program set to recruit young people from rural areas, into medicine)

2) did your class set up interest groups yet? ie: RMIG, FMIG, CAMIG, EMIG, ETC.. are you planning on doing so?

Nat

• 1 month later...
Guest Axolotl

Natalie,

We have been working with the local residents towards setting up interest groups. Almost every NOSM student is involved with some type of committee (since there are more committees than there are students!) As for purchasing stethoscopes and other equipment, we have been in contact with 3M...all students were required to have their equipment by the end of September when we started doing physical exams in our structured clinical skills sessions.

Guest NurseNathalie

Thanks for the posting!

I just thought it might be neat to link up with different schools, to see what they were up to... do you know if anyone from your class has taken on the CROP project? basically, CROP involves making presentations to rural/remote high schools- for the purpose of getting students interested in a carreer in medicine.

as for the equipment sale, I didn't want to just 'assume' that someone had been to talk to you ...and just wanted to offer some contact info.. since you don't need it, it's all good :P

Nathalie.

• 1 month later...
Guest Icarus07

Nathalie

I'm on the east campus and would be interested in hearing more about CROP. Let me know if you're back up in Sudbury some time. I'm sure more of the students here would be interested as well.

Guest NurseNathalie

that would be great!

I think its really important to try increase rural physicians!

I am in Sudbury every weekend, but this week- will be there Thursday afternoon and Friday (yeah! thank you med games for the 'day off' )

nat

• 2 weeks later...

Archived