Premed 101 Forums

Maritime students !

Guest Guest82

Guest Guest82

Hi, I was wondering if anyone knows what the chances of a maritime student are of getting into Memorial? Also whats the minimum GPA you need to get in ?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there...

It is based mostly on residency...i.e there are 10 seats for NB residents, 2 seats for PEI residents, 5 for americans, a couple for OOP??? and the rest for Nflders...

In terms of GPA, I think it depends on the group you are up against...I've never seen any stats for them...

I do know that even though they require mcats they do not have a cut-off...I've even heard of people getting in with mcats of 22...but then this could be rumour....

The best would be to give them a call or e-mail. they are super helpful and friendly..

cheers

Guest Stupid Kid

My MCAT score was less than 22. I got an interview. If I get in (probably not) it will turn rumor into fact. I'll let you know in about a month.

Hey, stupid kid! Where are you from? And, even though you got less than 22 on your mcat, how is your average and your experience? That could make a big difference over someone who has a better mcat score!

Guest Stupid Kid

KC

I went back and checked. It was 21. My MCAT score was a measly 21. I'm from the island. A have alot of work experience. Maybe that will do it. We'll find out in about a month and a half.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest ramse2002

Just wanted to throw this in. Memorial doesn't really have a specific cut off for MCAT scores like other schools do. The interview seems to be weighed heavily as well as what activities/experiences you had.

• 3 months later...

Archived