Premed 101 Forums

Reading Comprehension on the DAT

Guest elaineli315

Guest elaineli315

Can someone tell me how long the passages are on the actual DAT? Similar to the one CDA provides? That one is a lot shorter than the ones in Kaplan books (tho that's for the US DAT) and I am having trouble finishing all 3 passages in 50 minutes while practicing on the Kaplan ones.

Guest predent2003

Hi Elaine,

The passage in the DAT is about 1 to 1 and a half page long. Well the three passage are not in exact length. Some longer and some shorter. You can tackle the shorter ones first if you wish.

I think the only key to do well on this section is to read fast, but don't get stuck on details. Just try to get to know where all the key points are located in the passage. Then go straight to the questions. Then flip back and try to find the answer. It works for me.

Guest toothy jr

heard a rumour yesterday that the reading section of last year's DAT was abnormally long and complicated which meant a large number of people could not finish and get a decent grade.

Guest predent2003

Hey Toothy,

I found the reading last year was ok. It was not too bad. It was pretty much the same as the ones I saw on different prep books. I am sure all of you out there can finish it if you focus and concentrate while working on this section!

Archived