Premed 101 Forums

U of T Dentistry Requirements

Guest dentalangel

Guest dentalangel

Hello, can someone please tell me the exact requirements of u ot t dentistry.

I know you need at least a 2.8 or something like that GPA, however I know the competitive average is 3.8.

And DAT should be over 19 to be competitive.

So, what about essay? autobiography sketch? References? Resume?

How many references are needed? Do they have to be academic?

Thank you, your response is greatly appreciated.

Guest Plug Dis

Dental angel,

You need a 3.7 or higher to be competitive. DATs around 19 are probably competitive as well. The essay means nothing and the interview is worth more than you DAT scores...so be ready

Plug

Guest dentalangel

Hey guys thanks for answering my questions I really appreciate it.

Also, I heard that gpa accounted for 70%, 20% Dat and 10% interview, however Plug Dis you have indicated that interview is worth more, how accurate are these claims? Do you know the breakdown?

Also, people on these boards have posted 3.8 to be competitive and someone even said that 19 on DAt is mediocore, this troubles me. Do you have any experiences in which 3.7 above and 19 above dat is competitive?

What about refs? are they needed? is a resume needed?

thank you.

Guest Shahenshah

as far as I know this year there was no refs, no resume or anything like that except for an application to fill out...the gpa is worth 70%, and I think the interview is worth more than the dat..I tried getting it out of the adcom directly, but for some reason the person I talked to was too scared too divulge that info. fearing she was giving away too much.

Guest Plug Dis

Hey guys,

I was told last year....gpa 70%, 20%interview, 10%DAT...directly from UofT. I don't understand what the school's problem is. They must be held accountable for the people they select. It does absolutely no harm to divulge their admission criteria. I was just so confuse how I didn't get in even though I had a 3.87 and people with 3.7s were placed ahead of me on the waitlist. Anyways all I can say is don't get discouraged if you get waitlisted, especially top 30. I hoping to increase my interview score this year and gain acceptance that way because waiting SUCKS. By the way, no refs are required or resume....I just added a short speel about myself in a little mini essay. That's it...just sit back and relax until you get a call for an interview....and you will most likely get one if you have a 3.7 + GPA. If anyone has anything to add or correct, please reply.

Plug

Guest Shahenshah

actually quite honestly to give them the benefit of the doubt, I think the person who answered my call was new to it and wasn't sure of how much she could answer...I didn't bother calling again as I figured there is nothing I can change at this point so why bother..however I do think plug dis is right on his breakdown.

Guest dds2003

HI,

UT & Western don't need ref, resume..all u need is to fill up the application form. All you have to do is wait until they call you up for an interview.

I wonder how many students get to interview each year?? What is the class statistics??

Does anyone one of you know how many students UT accept each year?

Thanks

Guest dentalangel

Hey guys thanks for all your replies.

In terms of acceptances, someone on this board posted that 100 acceptances go out for 64 spots at u of t, so does the waiting list begin after the 100 acceptances go out or after the first 64?

Anyone know of any good Canadian DAT prepartation material?

What are some of the materials you guys used and did you find them helpful?

Thank you.

• 2 months later...
Guest MOLARity

Could someone please answer dentalangels' question regarding how the waiting list at UT works...is it that waitlisted #1 is the 65th person or the 101th person??? How many people were accepted off of the wailist last year??? Please reply!

Archived