Premed 101 Forums

Final admissions committee meeting

Guest flying kumquat

Guest flying kumquat

Does anyone know when the admissions committee meets for the final time in June? That is, the meeting where decisions are made on deferred applicants and the waitlist is set. Just trying to get a idea of when I should start stalking my mailman :P

Guest scooter

Hi,

I was sooo upset when the board went down- it has been the only thing keeping me from going crazy - knowing there are others in my situation. Has anyone else not heard ANYTHING at all from Dal yet? or has everyone just been defferred and I am the only one stalking my mailman (by 3 degrees of seperation since I am living abroad). BTW i am a NBer.:\

Guest MDforMe

I'm from NS and have not heard anything at all either. I talked to Admiss. office on Wed., and they said a number of files have not been reviewed at all yet, and that there were 3 more meetings of the AdCom (presumably one of them to sort out the deferred list?).

So no news is still good news at this point. Just means you are one of the few whose files "randomly" ended up at the bottom of the heap to be reviewed. Hang in there....I'm hoping to have a letter this week or next.

Guest Banane17

I'm from NB and have heard nothing as well. Every week I think that this MUST be the week - but it hasn't happened yet! Maybe this week....

Guest scooter

Hey all, Big R

I got my letter yesturday? (or at least that is when my bro got the courage to tell me) and no love for me.

I had a 7,8,9 R on the Mcat and will be rewriting this year (MUN said it would really help). Also, though i have a lot of volunteer work I need more with Sick People specifically.

As for grades

Final year: 85% (dean's list :hat )

4th Year: 80 %

3rd: International exchange P/F

2nd : really sucked!!:( around 70% maybe even a little under)

1st; 79%

This is my first time applying and I will be throwing my hat in the race again next year (and this time I am not going to be crazy jet legged for the interview). Best of luck to the rest of you!

Guest Banane17

Little did I know - at the time I posted my message on June 12, an acceptance letter from Dal was en route, in the mail - I got it this week :-) I am VERY excited! Best of luck to everyone - I look forward to meeting all of you in Sept!

Congrats Banane!!

I think there are now 10-15 of us on the board who are going to Dal for sure this fall. It will be great to put faces to ezboard names. :)

Guest MikeD

Congratulations everyone!

The last time I logged in to DalMedix I noticed there were 71 members of the class of 2009 group. Not sure if the admin are right on top of creating members as offers are accepted, but hopefully that means there's still plenty of seats for anyone still hoping.

Good luck!

Guest ladywondernut

Any idea how many files are deferred to the last meeting and what the general chances are for a deferred applicant?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest flying kumquat

So today's the day, right? Is the final admissions committee meeting tonight, when they decide on the deferred files? Does anyone know if we could call tomorrow to find out what the outcome of our file in the meeting was?

Deffered files were reviewed on the 22nd. Your letter is en route as we speak and you should recieve it today or tomorrow. (got mine friday)

For those waitlisted

I was waitlisted at #3, I got an email with an acceptance off the waitlist this morning. I am refusing it (going to MUN), so if your waitlist letter says #4, you may commence getting your hopes up.

Archived