Premed 101 Forums

Good vs. Bad Waitlist

Guest healthsci06

Guest healthsci06

Hey guys, im on the waitlist for ottawa.....this is their letter:

"Your application for admission to the Faculty of Medicine for the academic year 2005-2006 was carefully considered by the Admissions Committee.* At the present time, offers have been made for admission in the Anglophone stream to the top one-hundred and seven (107) candidates on the list of excellence.

Your name has been placed on a waiting list.* However,

You will be notified by telephone or e-mail communication if your name appears at the top of the list, should a vacancy occur before September.

Candidates on the waiting list will be notified as soon as the class is filled.

Although the sequential order of the waiting list does not change, rankings will change on a daily basis as students confirm acceptances.* For this reason, candidates are requested not to call our office for their ranking position since this information cannot be given.

If you are offered admission to another medical school (outside the province) and wish to withdraw your name from our list, please advise us in writing or by e-mail."

See i dont know if im on the good waitlist or the bad

After "your name has been placed on a waiting list" why is the word "However" after it.

Also when i click on the attachment of the letter, out of the blue this sentence follows: "I must inform you, that, given your rank on this list, you are unlikely to receive an offer"

So for those on the good waitlist....do have the same template??

Guest avarrin2001

This is what my waitlist letter said... word for word...

"Your application for admission to the Faculty of Medicine for the academic year 2005-2006 was carefully considered by the Admissions Committee. At the present time, offers have been made for admission in the Anglophone stream to the top one-hundred and seven (107) candidates on the list of excellence.

Your name has been placed on a waiting list. You will be notified by telephone or by e-mail communication if your name appears at the top of the list, should a vacancy occur before September.

Candidates on the waiting list will be notified as soon as the class is filled.

Although the sequential order of the waiting list does not change, rankings will change on a daily basis as students confirm acceptances. For this reason, candidates are requested not to call our office for their ranking position since this information cannot be given.

If you are offered admission to another medical school (outside the province) and wish to withdraw your name from our list, please advise us in writing or by e-mail.

Yours sincerely,

Richard L. Hébert, M.Sc., Ph.D.,"

Archived