Premed 101 Forums

Question about US med school GPA Req

Guest Jay999

Guest Jay999

Hi guys,

I just had a question regarding wether or not US schools look at your entire undergraduate degree, that us all the courses you have taken in your four years towards your GPA, or just the three years, if you are applying going into your fourth?

Thnx

Guest Madz25

Schools will look at/consider every course that's on the transcript you submit (including summer). If you don't have your 4th year marks when you submit - obviously they can't look at those at the time of application. Schools do require a final transcript with your 4th year marks if you're accepted/waitlisted.

On your AMCAS application, you also have to put down the courses that you WILL be doing this year (ie. Sept 06-April 07). So schools will know what courses you're planning on taking, but the marks wont be considered for interview/admission purposes (because you haven't finished the courses yet!).

Madz

• 1 month later...

Hey, I don't know the exact answer but I got the following points from the AMCAS 2007 Instruction Book:

List every post-secondary institution where you were enrolled for at least one course, even if credits have been transferred, no credits were earned, or you withdrew.

If you were enrolled in more than one program (e.g., undergraduate and graduate) at an institution, create a separate entry for each program.

Assign Post Baccalaureate (PB) status to any undergraduate level course work you enrolled in:

After receipt of your initial BA/BS degree.

While enrolled in a graduate program, if course work is not applied to a graduate degree.

Another thing that was mentioned under the AMCAS conversion table was that graduate GPA is calculated differently than undergrad GPA.

I hope this helps!

• 3 weeks later...

Archived