Premed 101 Forums

Accepted/Rejected/Waitlisted??? (for current applicants)

Guest Ian Wong

can the ppl accepted to lower-mid tiers like wayne please post their GPAS undergrads, ecs and mcats?

If you read back I think I posted mine. Accepted to Wayne with a 3.83o/3.87s, 33N, undergrad from uOttawa. ECs included 4 summers of research, worked in a doctors office, volunteering at the hospital and in a couple other places. Couple other pretty standard things.

If you read back I think I posted mine. Accepted to Wayne with a 3.83o/3.87s, 33N, undergrad from uOttawa. ECs included 4 summers of research, worked in a doctors office, volunteering at the hospital and in a couple other places. Couple other pretty standard things.

with those stats why not apply to Canada?

Also rejected today. A little disappointed since they have a prime location, but not actually sad since I would never get used to PBL.

Good luck next week at St. Louis Bear.

sorry to hear that nychila.. im sure you have bigger and better things coming your way though ;)

for me? not so disappointed.. just glad it's coming to an end.. nothing harder than waiting for a decision, it seems. looking forward to feb1 also as it seems UCalgary and McMaster will decide by then.

and thank you! I'll PM you about how it went.. bit nervous as I haven't had to do an interview like this in years :)

• 3 weeks later...

Just thought i'd contribute my experience in the 2012-13 cycle:

overallGPA/sGPA: 3.82/3.90

MCAT: 14PS 11BS 9VR (35R)

completed MSC in 2011, been working in research ever since

ECs: research heavy, other campus extracurriculars here and there, nothing really long term. (subpar ECs IMO)

completed most of my secondaries in Aug/Sept

Applied-

AECOM

BU

Case

Dartmouth

Emory

GW

Jefferson

Michigan State

RFU

SLU

SUNY Upstate

Pritzker

UVA

VCU

Wayne State

Rejected so far-

Case

Emory

GW

Pritzker

Interviews (result)-

BU (deferred until late march)

Dartmouth (just interviewed 02/05, awaiting decision)

RFU (accepted)

SLU (withdrew)

SUNY upstate (high priority alternate list)

VCU (withdrew)

Other schools I did not hear back from...I'm assuming a rejection.

This is my second time applying to the US; I applied late last cycle to 6 schools and received no interviews. Nothing from Canadian schools either. After a really disappointing 2011-12 cycle, I applied VERY early this cycle and I think it makes a huge difference.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Finally rejected from GWU today. Knew it was coming but nice to make it official after being on hold since July.

So for the year looks like accept at Wayne, waitlist at Georgetown (top choice so keeping my fingers crossed), and still waiting to hear from NYMC and Einstein. Unsure how much hope to hold out for those two - they've been actively rejecting but I've been waiting on them for a while now. Sent them both an update earlier this week, so maybe I'll head something next week... I'd really like to live in the NYC area, so I'm hoping for good news but I don't wanna get too excited

Finally rejected from GWU today. Knew it was coming but nice to make it official after being on hold since July.

So for the year looks like accept at Wayne, waitlist at Georgetown (top choice so keeping my fingers crossed), and still waiting to hear from NYMC and Einstein. Unsure how much hope to hold out for those two - they've been actively rejecting but I've been waiting on them for a while now. Sent them both an update earlier this week, so maybe I'll head something next week... I'd really like to live in the NYC area, so I'm hoping for good news but I don't wanna get too excited

Isn't cost of living insane in NYC? Making the already high american tuition even more of a financial burden.

Isn't cost of living insane in NYC? Making the already high american tuition even more of a financial burden.

No worse than it is in Washington DC if I went to Georgetown. The loans you can get in Canada for the schools though would cover at least the tuition, and I would be able to cover the living expenses myself.

Edit: Plus neither school is directly in NYC. Einstein is in the northern tip of the city and NYMC is in White Plains

• 3 weeks later...

Nice job on that 33, I'm hoping I can hit that 33 (sort of need to for the USA)