Premed 101 Forums

Applying w/o MCATs

Guest Jane

Guest Ian Wong

You really want to purchase, or examine an MSAR:

Medical School Admissions Requirements

pnet400.aamc.org/AAMC_Store/itemDetail.cfm?store=PUBLICATIONS&item=ARA1&category=

This will be the fastest way to find your information definitively without visiting each medical school's web-site. As far as US schools that don't require the MCAT, I'm currently not aware of any, although I wouldn't be too surprised if they did exist. However, for the purposes of med school admission, you've really handicapped your application if you don't have a good score on the MCAT in your back pocket. In Canada, for English med schools you'd be limited to Ottawa and McMaster only.

Ian

UBC, Med 3

Hopkins does require MCATs and so do the SC schools. I know I read somewhere (a couple of years ago) of one or two schools that do not require them, just can't find them now.

Apparently that changed when JHU joined AMCAS 2 years ago.

Dartmouth : here's what they say...."All candidates are expected to present scores from the Medical College Admissions Test. Students who choose not to submit MCAT scores will be at a disadvantage in our highly competitive admissions process."

Rochester....used to be not required. can't tell you about today.

I don't think Brown either....but even if you wanted a PhD good luck trying to get in.

i ended up calling all US schools this summer for application information (re: canadian applicants). to my knowledge, all schools that accept canadians require mcats

Archived