Premed 101 Forums

Poll: what schools?

Guest tommygirl

Guest tommygirl

Just wondering... what American schools can Canadian students apply to and be competetive candidates for admission? (If I am not holding dual citizenship...)

Thanks

Guest brandonite

McGill is your best choice. I think they reserve about 25 spots for American citizens, and it is a great school that not too many people are aware of or even think of. And the tuition is only like $15K Canadian, which is like $10K US.

Guest Ian Wong

I doubt anyone is going to type up a comprehensive list here, so perhaps this thread is a place to start looking:

pub44.ezboard.com/fpremed101frm21.showMessage?topicID=6.topic

John Po was a Canadian who set up a premed website as he successfully got into a US MD/Phd program. However, I just tried to click on his link, which doesn't seem to be working at the moment. It might be temporarily down, or perhaps moved to a different domain, or perhaps shut down entirely.

www.users.voicenet.com/~popare/pocanmednf.html

Ian

UBC, Med 3

• 2 weeks later...
Guest UNCchapel hill

I am a Canadian in Med school in the states. When I was applying everyone told me that most of the Med school would not accept canadians. Well they are all wrong, although it is very competitive to get into the good state and private schools, if you have what they are looking for it does not matter if you are from Mars.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Thewonderer

Which part of Canada are you from? What is your story?

I am sorry about what happened to Tar Heels B-ball this year. But they should be coming back strong next year! ;)

Archived