Premed 101 Forums

Going to the U.S

Guest heyheyhey

Guest heyheyhey

Hi, I got accepted into a U.S school and am going there this fall. Just wanted to know if any of the medical students have any tips for me or anything I should know before I head down there.

Guest candybits

Well, I guess it all depends on where in the States you're heading to. I hope you have the housing issues worked out, because depending on where you go, the rent can vary quite significantly... and I hope you have the visa issue worked out with the school? Hmm... can't think of much at the moment.

Which school were you accepted into? Btw, Congrats! :)

I personally applied to a quite a number of schools in the US, interviewed by 2 schools and have been wait-listed by both, so... not much luck there!

Guest Thewonderer

#1) Visa-F1 until you get your I-20 form, don't let up and keep on bugging the school.

#2) Finance, self-explanatory :) School should have given you some instruction.

Guest heyheyhey

How long does it take to obtain the student visa how, once you have all the neccesary stuff. (i-20, finacial records, letter of acceptance). Thanks

Guest heyheyhey

Hi, I forgot to put this is my earlier post. I got into wayne state medical school.

Gpa: 3.92

Mcat: 9/13/11 S

Godd luck with the waitlists hopefully you will come off.

Guest cp00739

how many schools did you apply to and get interviews at?

secondly, your stats are very good, why didnt you go to a school in canada??

thanks

Guest heyheyhey

I applied to 2 schools in the us. One didnt take canadians. (university of michigan I think) I got interviewed at ottawa and western, waitlisted at both.

Archived