Premed 101 Forums

transcripts..

Guest Mala2003

Guest Kirsteen

Hi there,

It's definitely positive to do this. It takes AMCAS 4-6 weeks to verify your transcripts once they have been acknowledged as received. It took them about 2 weeks to acknowledge the receipt of one set of my two transcripts. This can stall the review of your application at the universities to which you apply by at least the 4-6 weeks, and time is of the essence in the medical school admissions process at most US universities. However, if you send your transcripts in ahead of submitting your electronic AMCAS application, they can acknowledge their receipt, at least and move ahead with the verification process as soon as your application is electronically submitted.

Cheers,

Kirsteen

about transcript requests: we have to print out the transcript request form, and deliver it to our home school, and ask that they attach the form to the official transcript? (it says something about making sure the school attaches this form to the transcript). and for those who went to u of t: is that address at 315 Bloor St. W correct? (it's not the 100 St. George St?) thanks!

Guest Kirsteen

Hi mt1,

When I last picked up a set of official transcripts, I had to go to the Sidney Smith offices to do so. They did all the official stamping and enveloping there. I'd imagine then, that it's there where you would need to go to have the AMCAS form included with your transcripts. (I didn't include the form with my UT transcripts when they were sent to AMCAS, although, in retrospect, that may be the reason for the difference in processing times between my Queen's and UT transcripts. :rolleyes )

Cheers,

Kirsteen

hey thanks! i graduated and i'm going back to school for one more semester. i haven't even signed up for courses yet. however, i've indicated that i'm doing some postbacculaureate course work. for transcript requests: a)transcript required, but no request at this time, or b)transcript not required because current/future course work, no previous enrollment(?)

Guest Kirsteen

Hi mt1,

I'm not quite sure I understand what you're asking in your last question there. :rolleyes

As to the post-bacc program, are you taking the courses at UofT? If so, they don't have any specific post-bacc programs akin to the US schools that do. How are you delineating this on your AMCAS application?

Cheers,

Kirsteen

Archived