Premed 101 Forums

How long does it take for AMCAS to verify my transcript?

Guest dahlia777

Guest dahlia777

Hi guys, has anyone sent their transcript and got verfication yet?

I have submitted application in July and sent my official transcript in the following week. It's been more than 3weeks now since they sent me the confirmation email that they have received it. However, they never seem to verify the grades. I don't even know what my GPA is after conversion. Is it normal to take as long as 3 weeks?

I tried to call them but they only have automated voice systems. Some schools who don't screen applicants prior to 2ndary application have asked me to log on to their system and proceed further. however, I'm worried about those pre-screening schools. Isn't it always better to have you applicatoins done as early as possible?

Guest Kirsteen

Hi there dahlia777,

For many schools, earlier is better, but at this time, AMCAS are nearing their peak (if not already at it) for application submissions. Supposedly this time is not considered early nor late, but somewhere in between. (Early are those applicants who submit their completed AMCAS applications on June 1st and are verified shortly thereafter. Some of those applicants are already receiving interview invitations from screening schools. Late are those applicants who are submitting in October and November.) In any case, during peak processing times the verification process can take anywhere from 4-8 weeks, so a wait of 3 weeks would be short! Hang in there. :)

With respect to the schools that don't screen, if you can access their application, then it's best to complete and submit it as soon as possible. At least they will be able to verify receipt of your supplementary materials prior to the arrival of the verified AMCAS application. However, don't forget to include your AMCAS ID# on everything you submit, else there is a chance that your materials may become more easily lost in the paper piles.

Cheers,

Kirsteen

hi kirsteen! you can submit before the schools ask you to? i was waiting for albert einstein...but if i can go ahead and send it first, then that's great.

Guest Kirsteen

Hi again,

Albert Einstein's secondary has been available for yonks and it took them weeks to send out any notifications to complete it. I'd definitely tackle that one now--especially since, if you've been good and managed to keep yourself out of jail and the like, the essay questions are minimal. ;)

Cheers,

Kirsteen

Guest Mala2003

I know AMCAS is getting busy now but how long will it take for them to verify my transcript????? I submitted my application in late July. Maybe I'm being unrealistic but has anyone else who submitted it in late July heard from AMCAS yet? The wait is unbearable! :\

Guest Kirsteen

Hi there Mala2003,

Unfortunately, you've hit the peak processing time at AMCAS where it can take anywhere from 4-10 weeks to verify transcripts. :rolleyes If you're worried about it you can try calling them to make sure that your transcripts have actually been received (if it doesn't already say so on your online application).

Cheers,

Kirsteen

Guest Kirsteen

Hi there,

Further to my above note, I just received an e-mail from one of the US medical schools today that included a mention of, "...our mail has increased almost three-fold as "fallout" from the AMCAS software problems, and it is taking us a bit longer to process applications...". From this, it sounds like AMCAS is having a few problems themselves, which may help to explain some of the delays that applicants are experiencing in the verification process.

Cheers,

Kirsteen

Guest Mala2003

Thanks Kirsteen for the reply. I just checked my email and much to my delight (and surprise), there was an email from AMCAS that my application has been processed! Hoorrraaayyyy!

:D

Archived