Premed 101 Forums

Universityof Connecticut

Guest thesaug

Guest thesaug

Hi everyone!

I remember that some people here have interviewed at the University of Connecticut. Could someone tell me the format of the interview and any other important information?

thesaug

Guest thesaug

Hi Kirsteen!

My interview is scheduled for the January interview period (according to the email)...they will contact me in a few weeks to finalize the date.

Good luck to you as well!

thesaug

Guest Chieka

I interviewed at UCONN in December. There are two one-on-one interviews. One is with a medical student and the other is with a faculty member. Both interviews were pretty laidback. For the one with the medical student, we just found a spot in the hallway and sat down and "chatted". The faculty interview was in an office, but the faculty member ate a fajita while he talked to me. Everything was pretty casual. Both interviewers had read my sketch. The medical student seemed to know it inside and out, even though she didn't have it in front of her. She asked questions directly related to my file. The faculty member's questions weren't as specific but were rather "getting to know you" questions.

Overall, the interview day was a pleasant one. We met the dean and the dean of student affairs. The faculty seemed intent on selling UCONN to us, which was interesting. The students were friendly and seemed happy to be at UCONN.

Good luck Kirsteen and thesaug! Let me know if you have any other questions.

C.

Archived