Premed 101 Forums

Chicago--wow

Guest Kirsteen

Guest Kirsteen

Hi there,

I just returned from a conference in Chicago this weekend where I managed to get out and about a wee bit and explore more of Chicago. Quite an impressive experience and hats off to that city. First off, I was there last February and woo, is it a little more pleasant, meteorologically, in Chicago in September! :D Second, I managed a wee jaunt to check out the Northwestern medical school campus--wow! What a fantastic location. Last, but definitely not least/lost, during a taxi ride earlier today from Navy Pier, I lost my wallet, i.e., I totally goofed and left it in the back of the cab--something I've never done before. I just received a call at home from the cab driver, saying that he'd been trying to call me all day (I was en route to TO) to tell me he'd recovered my wallet, contents intact and all. How supremely kind. :D :D Right on to the fabbo citizens of Chicago! :D :D :D

Cheers,

Kirsteen

Guest Mala2003

Glad to hear that you had a positive experience in Chicago! And it was awfully nice of the cab driver to go out of his way to call you! Good karma points for him! :D

Good luck with the rest of the applications.

Glad to see you enjoyed your time! Chicago is a wonderful city and the people here are really nice, even to a displaced Canadian like myself. And Northwestern is a great school! The faculty are really supportive and really listen to what the students have to say. Good luck in getting an interview here! (Now back to studying immunology.)

Archived