Premed 101 Forums

Screened Secondaries...

Guest Mala2003

Guest Mala2003

I thought I'd start a new topic with this one. I just received an email from Wake Forest and they want the secondary application to be submitted 3 weeks from today! Is this normal? Why the deadline?

Guest Kirsteen

Hi there Mala2003,

I did not apply to Wake Forest, but other schools, such as Duke, imposed a deadline for return of their applications. (Although I don't believe that Duke screens.)

I suppose schools impose these deadlines in order to avoid a procrastinatory influx of applications in November. :)

Cheers,

Kirsteen

Guest Mala2003

Hi Kirsteen or anyone else,

Did you receive your secondary application form for Northwestern? I just got mine today (the 18th) and their deadline to have things submitted is the 23rd! The letter was dated on the 9th but it didn't arrive til the 18th! What is up with the 9 day delay in the mailing system for Canada???

Do you guys know how strict they are in the deadline?

Hi Mala,

Yeah I experienced the same issue. I called the school and every time they gave me an extension so I would get the same amount of time as an applicant in the U.S.

Good luck!

thesaug

Guest cause2003

Has anyone received a secondary from Wayne State? Mine came in the mail today (it took 20 days from the day the admissions office stamped it to arrive at my door in Canada). The worst part was that there was no stamp on the envelpoe so the postal lady collected $1.03 from me. It was sorta funny because she rang the door bell and I saw the letter in her hand. I was debating that if it was a rejection letter I wouldn't pay for it. This is pretty gettho . has anyone else had this happen? Do you think they forgot to put a stamp on?

Later, C

• 3 weeks later...
Guest premed81

For thos of you who got secondaries from Wayne State, (this may be a dumb question), but were all of your MCAT scores already sent to them? Thanks a bunch.

Guest thesaug

Hi Premed

Yes...Wayne State only sends secondaries after your primary is complete, verified and sent to them...so if you just took the mcat...then they will wait to get those scores before sending you the secondary...

thesaug

Guest thesaug

Hi,

I have no idea. If you go to their website and search around, there might be a link to the profile of last year's entering class. Or, if you go to http://www.studentdoctor.net, click on forums, then pre allopathic, the first link is titled "everything you need to know to get in to med school" and one of the pages within that link is a list of all the schools, and their average mcat and gpa of their entering class from 2003. You could also check out a site mdapplicants.com or something, where you can see how many ppl with your score and your profile got interviews...

good luck!

thesaug

Archived