Premed 101 Forums

Errors on the application after being processed?

Guest Jazz

So after almost two months, I got an email from AMCAS saying my application has been processed, but when i review my application there were major errors on the GPA section. Basically showed that I only took 3 courses in my entire 4 year undergrad. Does anyone know whether AMCAS is still in the process of verifying while I am in "processed" status or is what I see now basically what the schools are getting? Thanks.

Guest McCarey007

wow! That's a major mistake. I'm sure schools receiving your application will see that there has been a mistake made. How can any student take only 3 courses in 4 years and still apply to med school? I'll definately call AMCAS about it. I think once it's processed, they will not look at it further until you request them to.

Guest Kirsteen

Hi there Jazz,

That does sound like a grand error on AMCAS' part. If they truly have bonked things up, there are two things that you should do: 1) as mentioned above, call AMCAS and get them to straighten your record out on their end; 2) contact (preferably via e-mail, as they will normally insert the e-mail in your file) each of the US schools to which you have applied and alert them to the error. By having both sets of parties work on this, you have less of a chance of unfortunate oversights being made.

Cheers, and good luck sorting this out,

Kirsteen

Archived