Premed 101 Forums

Opinion

Guest noncestvrai

Guest noncestvrai

I have a friend with a GPA around 3.0 and 28P MCAT...what are the chances of this person getting in the states, carrib or UK schools?

Which schools would you recommend? (deja vu)

noncestvrai

Guest jeffsimz

I don't think your friend stands a chance at getting into an American school with those stats if they are a Canadian citizen. From personal experience with family friends, it's my opinion that almost anyone can get accepted into the Caribbean for medicne so that may be an option for your friend. Don't know too much about UK schools so I couldn't really say. Just my opinion.

I concur. I doubt he will stand a chance with those stats but he can try US osteopathic schools, which tend to have lower admission standards than US MD schools. He should also apply to the big 3 in the caribbean: Ross, AUC, and St. George.

Guest studentz

The best Caribbean schools in terms of quality are UWI at Jamaica or Trinidad; UWI began as one of the colleges of the University of London. You get the British designation though, at least in Trinidad, although it shouldn't be too hard at all to get a US residency from either school.

The two islands have by far the largest poplations in the English Caribbean and the best facilities.

There is no way those stats will work at UWI Jamaica though. I know someone who got rejected and they said the GPA average for foreign matriculants was 3.6 or something.

Archived