Premed 101 Forums

mcat scores

Guest brownthug

Guest brownthug

Hi there,

I am going into my fourth year of undergrad at Western (honours bsc) and am looking to apply to american and canadian med schools this summer. My question is regarding the mcat scores. Last year, i took the mcats and scored 30 S (PS 10, 9 V, 11 BS). I am planning on writing them again this year because I didnt study as hard as I should have last year, and was just wondering if this is really necessary. I notice that I just made the cutoffs for Western meds, but if I want to improve my chances of getting in to various schools, would it be advisable to write them again? I am fairly confident I will get a higher score.

Also, in a certain year if you have one or two courses that really hurt your GPA (e.g you have 90's and then a high 60 in lets say ORGO!) do med schools (us and can) consider this or are they simply interested in your overall GPA?

thanks for ur help

does anyone know of any books that guide one through the application process? if so, please pass on the name as i need one! thanks

Guest danman04

A good book to get is the Medical School Admissions requirements or MSAR from the AAMC. Has all the admissions reqs and recent class profiles for schools in Canada and US.

Check it out.

Dan

Archived