Premed 101 Forums

personal statement

Guest medschoolboy

Guest Ian Wong

Hi there,

You could, simply because it's so unlikely that anyone would ever compare the two applications. Still, a re-application is a chance to improve on your original. That year off is a year off to improve your GPA, travel, do other volunteer/extra-curriculars, experience life, etc. Applying with the same PS twice sort of runs contrary to the idea that you've used this year off productively; if you've done something in the year to improve your application, it probably warrants being on the PS or elsewhere in the application.

Ian

Guest medschoolboy

my application hasn't changed that much beacause the ifrst time i applied was in 3rd year. i have done more volunteering now but i feel that it's not that major and i can't take away anything from the orignal ps. it was stuctured so "perfectly" that it's hard to take away from it. the limit for AMCAS is 5300 characters and the current one has 5298 so it's very close.

with this new info, would u still suggest that i try to change it around?

thanks.

Guest 15Sacha

medschoolboy,

if i remember correctly, didn't you get quite a few interviews? If this is so, I'm sure your ps is great. Maybe you should start getting ready for interviews earlier. Good luck in the next cycle and if you are on any waitlists.

Sach

I think you could use the same one, especially if you don't think the reason you didn't get in was because of the PS. Have people look it over and see if any improvements can be made.

Archived