Premed 101 Forums

AMCAS GPA conversion table

Guest 007

Guest 007

I printed off the AMCAS grade conversion guide today. Why do they have three different rows for Canadian numeric grades? How do I know which to use to calculate my estimated GPA?

Thanks,

Guest moo

Just fill in your grades (percentages) and pick one to use. If it's the wrong one, AMCAS will correct it for you. Alternatively, you can also call them to ask which scale fits your school.

Guest thatuvicguy

I haven't looked at the AMCAS info, but you indicate percentages are to be entered for grades. Is there instructions for what to do if your school doesn't provide percentages, just GPA (out of 9.0) and letter grade?

Cheers,

thatuvicguy

Guest extrachromasome

I'd check with AMCAS and spend the time to do it right. I used my best judgement, and it was really complicated because I had community colleges also with different systems, etc. But AMCAS changed about half of them, mainly credit hours. It looked pretty ugly on the AMCAS application to have all those "X"'s where they've disagreed with how you reported your grades. I don't think that helps your application very much, It certainly didn't do mine any good.

Guest moo

Honestly, when I applied I just filled letter grades, because UBC reports a percentage and a letter grade and I didn't know how to convert it to a percentage. AMCAS changed it all for me after (every course had an X next to it). So either way, I don't think it really matters.

Archived