Premed 101 Forums

Interview Notices have been mailed!

Guest happy2bme

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Since you're in the US, it'll take a bit longer but I'm in Canada! And by the looks of the posts, applicants in eastern Canada seem to have gotten their letters and Ontario is right next door! Oh well, I'll wait it out until the end of the week...or maybe tomorrow lol.

Madz

Guest happy2bme

Curious, did everyone who got an invite get also a request to participate in the trial MMI? On the web application bulletin it stated that the people for MMI were going to be randomly selected, I'm just wondering if only some people recieved the invitation to participate in the MMI or if we all had it in the letter?

Also can we email and ask what they calculated our AGPA to be? One university I attended only had a,b,c,d no plus's or minus and no percentage ( depended on the course) so my GPA at that uni was 3.87, which sounds great out of 4.0 but not so much out of 4.5 which UofM uses..........I'm curious as to how they also calculated some of my uofm stuff from before the 4.5 days, they used to be 4.0 way back when.......

yeah, I got the letter asking if I wanted to participate in the MMI too. I dunno if I should or not. I figure if I don't get in this year, and they implement MMI for next year, that I'll at least have some familiarity with it... but having to do ANOTHER gruelling interview doesn't sound all that fun.

If I were you guys, I would take the MMI as well for several reasons.

1) It is good practice if they decide to use it next year at U of M

2) It is good practice if you are interviewing at another school afterwards with a similar interview style

3) It is worth nothing and the real interview is over, so what difference is a pressure-free extra hour going to make

Especially if you are coming OOP, you already flew all the way here, might as well make the most of it

Got my interview invite yesterday, which means Ill be flying in from Nova Scotia sometime in March. Gonna be pretty broke from the flight, wondering if people ever billet for two nights, ie Fri and Sat? Any comments would be great...thanks.

Yeah, somebody probably will billet two nights. You might have gotten a list of people in my class who will billet you, or perhaps you will get it later if you havn't. Just call one of the numbers who are willing to billet and ask

ok....should I be worried that applicants in the US and in the maritimes have heard from Manitoba but I still haven't (I'm in Toronto)? My friends in and around Toronto have also received a letter from Manitoba.

Madz

I would call Beth - I called her last week and she said if I didn't have my interview notice by early this week (i.e., today) to phone her and she can send a copy by email.

I just called Christie Struch and she e-mailed my letter to me. The address on the letter was correct so maybe it got lost in the mail. Who knows... but it was good news so I feel better! :D

Madz

Guest geekpunk

So I finally got an e-mail back from Beth Jennings as to what requirement I was missing.

Apparently, one of my biochemistry credits wasn' t up to UofM's standards. Wasn't expecting that! If anything, I thought my English credits were the culprits that did me in.

Life's a @#%$.

Good luck to everyone who's received an invite

Guest medsmurf

Well I also received an email back from admissions and it seems that my English courses did not meet U of M's requirements.

I just want to warn anyone who took their English courses at UVic and is planning on applying to U of M in the future. Check with admissions before you bother applying to see if your courses are acceptable. I know there aren't very many different first year English courses offered at UVic so it's highly probable that you'll have the same problem as I did.

Guest happy2bme

That's too bad, hopefully this experience will become a distant memory as other interviews come your way.

Thanks for the kind words medsmurf, hopefully Calgary will be more kind to us this year, as it is still my first choice. I am praying for an interview there as I think MMI is my kind of interview as opposed to the individual interpretations 1 or 2 interviewers as I experienced last year.

But if I have to move, manitoba is my first choice.

I'm on the alternate out of province list for an interview. Here are my stats, just wondering if anyone is in the same boat.

Cheers!

AGPA 3.95

MCAT 12.25

Entirely for real...and definitely not complaining :) .

Here's the quote: "...your name has been placed on a list of 16 alternates from out of province applicants".

Guest silverjelly86

I wasn't referring to the validity of your claims, but rather to the statement "just wondering if anyone is in the same boat."

Talk about rubbing it in people's faces . . .>:

Archived