Premed 101 Forums

Which School has the Simplest Secondary Application?

Guest Jazz

Sorry for the dumb question guys, but I am pretty ignorant when it comes to US schools that are not household names. I am thinking of applying to a bunch of schools that's the least time consuming in addition to the ones I am really interested in. Thanks.

Guest Kirsteen

Hi there Jazz,

Most of the secondaries that I've come across thus far have essay questions associated with their applications. So perhaps one of the tacks to take, if you're selecting schools based on efficiency of completion of the applications, is to find those that have similar essay questions. There does appear to be overlap across a few schools with questions such as: 1) describe the most meaningful extracurricular activity you've done; 2) why medicine, etc. To help you navigate this minefield a little, some of the more unusual or lengthy essay question sections I've seen have appeared in U. Connecticut, Chicago-Pritzker, and Johns Hopkins.

Cheers,

Kirsteen

Guest Chieka

Wayne State's questions were pretty elaborate. Each required a full page response I believe. (You may have to write a whole page about your favourite movie!!!!). Yales were long too.

On the shorter side were schools like George Washington, Howard and Meharry. These schools basically asked for the same info as the AMCAS app, except for the ever so popular, "Why school X?"

C.

Archived