<threadtitle>Admissions are making calls!</threadtitle>

<threadviews>0</threadviews>

<threadsticky>0</threadsticky>

<poll></poll>

<username>Kirsteen</username>

<dateline>1077138420</dateline>

<title>Admissions are making calls!</title>

<pagetext>Hey there,

Heads up everyone! Adele has begun making her calls: I returned from being out at an all day meeting today to hear her sweet voice in a voicemail. :D I look forward to meeting some of the current UofC students when I'm out there (hopefully, on the 21st).

Good luck to all of you who applied to Calgary this year. Hopefully you'll receive your wonderful, day-brightening call soon.

Cheers,

Kirsteen

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest gonzo23

Congrats Kirsteen!

You seem to be having wonderful success with the interview invitations especially being an OOP, and from your posting it seems highly deserved!

I haven't had the same luck thus far, but I just wanted to wish you all the best with all your interviews (and with everyone else who is getting positive news).

Go show them why Ontarians are so fantastic!!! ;)

Cheers.

Guest Kirsteen

Hey there,

Thanks for the congratulations, and no worries re: my name. It happens often (although usually in verbal form!). In any case, hopefully we'll see more great news emerge for more folks in the next wee bit. :)

Cheers,

Kirsteen

Guest coleflower

I was very excited to check my email and find a message asking me which day I want for my interview. Apparently they don't only do phone calls.

I'm quite relieved now that I know I'm still in the game...

Hey Guys,

Congradulations, all of you!!! Especially you Kristine. To be honest, looking at all your posts and the info you have administered, you truely are one fantastic individual!!! You deserve this achievement.

Dafunk

Guest Kirsteen

Hi there MDSMelissa,

Calgary noted that they will be inviting 70-80 out-of-province students for interviews. Unless they are super-efficient, I would imagine that the notification process may take more than one day, so try not to stress too much yet. :)

Cheers,

Kirsteen

Hi all,

Hope everyone is hanging in there! Last year the calling was definitely over several days with the OOPs being notified first. Adele even made calls over the weekend! I believe all the interviewees will receive a call or email and a snail mail package with additional info will follow up - though I am fairly certain those haven't been sent out yet.

Best of luck to you all!

Guest Kirsteen

Hey there Jerika81,

Thanks, and thanks for all your help and insight during the process thus far.

A wee question for you: I have my interview scheduled for Sunday March 21st, in the morning. Do you have any information available as yet as to tours or activities for us interviewees? It looks like my flight out of Calgary will be later on Sunday afternoon. Would that conflict with any scheduled activities?

Cheers,

Kirsteen

Guest Kirsteen

Hi there,

As far as I'm aware, Calgary uses the GPA cut-offs that are outlined on their website. If you meet the cut-offs with your two best years then the application is reviewed holstically.

Cheers,

Kirsteen

Guest Jerika81

Hey Kirsteen,

I don't think any of that stuff has been figured out exactly yet, but I'm sure there will be a few tours and you'll be able to catch one at some point. I wouldn't worry about getting a Sunday afternoon flight.

I'll let you know if I find out more.

Guest Kirsteen

Hi again,

Brilliant; thanks for that. :) I look forward to getting a bit more of a personal feel for Calgary and the medical program.

Speaking of which, I'm planning to stay right in downtown Calgary (which I've never done before). The last time I neared Calgary was a year and a bit ago when I ventured to Lake Louise. However, this consisted of landing at the airport and getting a ride directly to the village. En route, I was speaking to the driver about the medical school and he pointed out what he thought to be the medical school, in a building next to the highway, and nowhere near downtown Calgary. Does this sound correct?

Another quick bit: I've scheduled my interview to occur shortly after the essay writing session. Are there generally things to do around the school following the interview, or would candidates leave and then return to some venue?

Cheers,

Kirsteen

Calgary's Medical school is in the Health Sciences Center which is connected to Foothills Hospital. The medical school is not downtown...it's just off the main campus located in the NW of Calgary. Hope this helps.

Guest Edwarder

Hi everyone,

I am really excited to say that my interview is scheduled for a Saturday morning. My mind has been racing since I found out and I have about a million questions! I am looking into my flight plans now...

Does anyone know if there is a cheap shuttle bus from the airport to the med school? How long is the ride?

Is there an inexpensive hotel located near the med school? Does the shuttle bus go there?

If my interview is in the morning, will I need to stick around for the afternoon as well?

Thanks,

Edwarder

Guest Kirsteen

Hi there,

For those of you who have been through the U. Calgary process before, what exactly is the purpose on the pre-interview essay? Is it used in the final stage of the selection process, i.e., has a score of its own?

Cheers,

Kirsteen

• 1 year later...
Guest Unknown

</username>
		<dateline>1118448240</dateline>
		<title>Unknown</title>
		<pagetext>(This

(This post is missing and can not be restored)</pagetext>

</post>

<post>

<thread>Y</thread>

<threadtitle>Place to stay in Edmonton</threadtitle>

<poll></poll>

<username>

premed

</username>

<dateline>996471180</dateline>

<title>Place to stay in Edmonton</title>

<pagetext>So I've decided to go to U of A (as opposed to U of Ottawa). Now I need to find a place to stay.

Can anyone give me any information? (where is a good place? recommend residence or not? how much?, etc)

thanks

Guest Unknown

</username>
		<title>Unknown</title>
		<pagetext>(This

</post>

<post>

<thread>Y</thread>

<threadtitle>Wait List Acceptances</threadtitle>

<poll></poll>

<username>Carse</username>

<dateline>992553900</dateline>

<title>Wait List Acceptances</title>

<pagetext>Just wondering if anyone has received an acceptance from the "in-province" waiting list so far.....

Guest Unknown

</username>
		<title>Unknown</title>
		<pagetext>(This

</post>

<post>

<thread>N</thread>

<threadtitle>Admissions are making calls!</threadtitle>

<poll></poll>

<username>

Unknown

</username>

<title>Unknown</title>

<pagetext>(This post is missing and can not be restored)

Archived