Premed 101 Forums

Uof C transcript

Guest happy2bme

Guest happy2bme

I'm waitlisted. But I took a winter semester course at UofC. In the waitlist letter they tell us to forward our transcripts as they become available,

Will Admissions request direct from U of C since it's their school or do I have to "officially "request one be sent to the Med office.???

I've tried calling admissiions but no answer all day so far....

Guest IBMD

Hey,

Most universities are probably able to get their own school's transcripts without too many problems. That being said, it's probably not worth the chance so I'd request it and have it mailed if I were you.

Either way, they'll contact you if you get in and they don't have it.

Best of luck,

Ciao

Guest Scarlett

Hey Happy,

When I initially applied I was able to get the Faculty of Medicine to access my UofC transcript directly through the school (i.e. I didn't have to order it, they just needed me to tell them to get it from the registrar's office). For my updated transcript I just had the administrator for my program send along a copy of it to the Admissions office - if you are no longer enrolled in a program I'm sure you could just call the Admissions office and ask them to get it from the Registrar.

Hope that helps!

Now back to waiting...here's to hoping the waitlist starts moving soon!

Scarlett

Guest Braveheart

Hi Happy,

What I would do is get the official transcript in its official envelope and hand deliver it to Adele or Susan (considering you're already in Calgary). I asked the UofC registrar's office to send off my transcripts to a few schools in the past and they didn't arrive there. So just to be safe, I would hand deliver it (besides, it just costs $4 extra to get the transcript right away... better to be safe than sorry).

Guest happy2bme

So I got through to admissions and susan said they'd request it for me. Since Adele is on holidays till the end of June, Susan will be dealing with all that stuff including keeping track of the waitlist and calling people etc....

Hurry up UofA and accept alot of UofC applicants so that wait list can move......

I wish they cut the waitlist in half and send out rejections to the latter half if they are confident they aren't getting the 25 extra seats this year, least that way half of us would be put out of misery!

Have a wonderful sunny weekend for those in Cowtown and the surrounding areas, and to anyone in N.S. hope you're keepind dry!

Guest medsmurf

"Hurry up UofA and accept alot of UofC applicants so that wait list can move......

I wish they cut the waitlist in half and send out rejections to the latter half if they are confident they aren't getting the 25 extra seats this year, least that way half of us would be put out of misery!"

My thoughts exactly!

Archived