Premed 101 Forums

More Application Questions - Beware!

Guest Madulla

Guest Madulla

Hey All,

I have a couple questions regarding the two full years required for a UofC application. During my two full time years I completed over 10 half courses, I emailed Adele over a year ago and she told me that they include ALL courses completed even the ones over 5 FCE. However, I've seen some posts where individuals state that they only calculate your 10 highest grades for your two best years.

I realize that they look at your entire academic record when considering you for admission. But I'm curious as to how they calculate over 5 FCE in a year because it does influence my GPA on my two best years.

My second question is regarding your yearly GPA's. I saw a post a while back where someone mentioned that a friend who had done well in year 2 and 4 but had a lower GPA in year 3 was declined a spot at UofC on this basis alone.

Does anyone else know if this is true and to what extent? Basically if I have a 3.83 GPA in Year 2 but a 3.66 in Year 3 and my Year 4 is back up to 3.80 would that be looked at poorly?

Thanks all! :)

• 1 year later...
Guest Unknown

</username>
		<dateline>1118448000</dateline>
		<title>Unknown</title>
		<pagetext>(This

(This post is missing and can not be restored)</pagetext>

</post>

<post>

<thread>N</thread>

<threadtitle>More Application Questions - Beware!</threadtitle>

<threadviews>0</threadviews>

<threadsticky>0</threadsticky>

<poll></poll>

<username>

Unknown

</username>

<dateline>1118448000</dateline>

<title>Unknown</title>

<pagetext>(This post is missing and can not be restored)

Archived