Premed 101 Forums

Interview Invites this Week???

Guest happy2bme

Guest happy2bme

Assuming that all people who met MCAT and had references contacted receive interviews, will we be getting a letter or a phone call for interview invites?

Do the letters/phone calls really start Jan 4?

Guest Jeesing

First you get a letter saying whether or not you meet the requirements for an interview and if you meet the requirements then you have to compose an essay and send it back. They call you for an interview at a later time.

Guest fever meds

happy2bme

too tired to look through posts but are you OOP or Mb? it sounds like you're OOP

MB residents: auto invite if you meet MCAT stats and grades

OOP residents: they usually havea rough guide, but i odn't know much.

bottom line, you'll find out probably by end of the week if you're getting an interview or not. if you're oop be patient, as mail takes about 3-4 days depending on where you are.

Guest NRC boy

I believe the interview letters for in-province applicants will be sent out on January 10th so everyone should get them by next Thrusday or Friday.

Guest happy2bme

Thanks for the info

Alas I am currently living the OOP life but in the MB pool for contact/application consideration, and interviewed (hopefully)as special consideration. The original time line (the green sheet with all the dates) that I received was titled for MB and Special Consideration Applications so I think that my letters/notification will hopefully go out with the inprov stuff!

Who know for sure as special consideration has different interviewers and weighting formula so I'm sure this category has each file accessed individually as the GPA and MCAT aren't as heavily weighted but I was told that I would be considered for Special Consideration as I fulfilled all the requirements for that category

Oh well I wait in anticipation, people still think I'm crazy for wanting to move back to MB, but I've lived a few places now, and honestly I do miss it. For any OOP's reading this, MB has some of the most friendly people I have ever met and you'll enjoy the city (with all it's quirks) if you get accepted to this med program!

Archived