Premed 101 Forums

Billeting?

Guest Unknown

</username>
		<dateline>1118447400</dateline>
		<title>Unknown</title>
		<pagetext>(This

Guest Huffer

I'm a Ontario resident just finished 3rd year in undergrad studies at Queen's. My GPA was 3.98 and my MCAT scores were:

Physical Sciences: 11

Verbal: 9

Biological Sciences: 14

Written Sample: Q

I was accepted by Calgary and it is my first choice. This is my first time applying to this school.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest kernelhoover

I'm an Alberta resident and finished my Bsc last year

gpa 3.9

MCAT

Physical Sciences: 13

Verbal: 8

Biological Sciences: 14

Written Sample: P

I was interviewed and then rejected by Calgary, although I was waitlisted last year and thought I improved the extracurricular portion of my application substantially over last year. Didn't think the interview went that poorly. Hmmmm....??

Was accepted by UofA and UofT.Will be attending the university of Alberta in the fall.

Guest PARTY cal

I am an Alberta resident. I will be finished my Masters degree in August.

GPA:3.92

MCAT

VR: 9

PS: 10

BS: 10

WS: R

This is my first year applying to UofC, I was accepted. Accepted by UWO, still waiting to hear from UofS.

Guest winstoky

I'm an Alberta resident in undergrad honours neuroscience. My GPA was 8.2 (out of 9, ~3.7/4) and my MCAT scores were:

Physical Sciences: 9

Verbal: 11

Biological Sciences: 11

I was accepted by Calgary. Not even interviewed at U of A. This is my first time applying to this school. Lots of extracurriculars, second career, mom of a toddler.

Of all the schools I applied to, Calgary was my first choice.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest paulyg23

I'm an Alberta/B.C resident with a BSc in biology. My GPA was 3.3/4 and my MCAT scores were:

Physical Sciences: (9)

Verbal: (9)

Biological Sciences: (9)

Written Sample: (S)

I was waitlisted and then accepted by Calgary. This is my first time applying to this school.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm an Alberta resident in undergraduate studies. My GPA was 3.9 and my MCAT scores were:

Physical Sciences: 11

Verbal: 13

Biological Sciences: 13

Written Sample: P

I was waitlisted then accepted by Calgary. This is my first time applying to this school.

• 8 months later...
Guest pjdavis

Well this is my second time applying to Calgary and for the second year in a row I didn't get an interview.

Anyway, here are my stats

MCAT

VR 9

PS 11

WS R

BS 12

and my best two years GPA is an 8.1 on the U of A's scale, however, when converted this only works out to a 3.61 on Calgary's scale. I think the reason is that, U of A students who get a few 7s and mostly 8s are screwed out of precious GPA points, as they convert to a 3.0 and a 3.6 respectively. Maybe with the U of A's new 4-point system we'll start to see higher applicant GPAs to Calgary.

Guest ClimbOn

I got rejected by UofC a while back. It was the first time I applied and I didn't get an interview. BTW I'm a BC resident.

MCAT:

VR 9

PS 14

WS S

BS 12

GPA: 3.65, 3.77, 3.73

I still haven't figured out why my UofC GPA is quite a bit lower than my OMSAS GPA....

I received four interviews from the six schools I applied to. In addition to UofC, I didn't get an interview and was rejected by Memorial.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest yntrrr

I am Alberta resident in 3rd year of an honours degree. This is my first time applying to this school, and I was rejected without interview.

MCAT:

PS - 14

BS- 14

VR - 11

WS - Q

GPA: 3.95

Of all the schools I applied to, Calgary was my last choice. I would have rather gone to Belize :P

• 3 weeks later...
Guest MDSMelissa

I'm an Ontario resident just finished my B.Sc. in Health sciences. My GPA was 3.86 and my MCAT scores were:

Physical Sciences: 12

Verbal: 10

Biological Sciences: 10

Written Sample: O

I was rejected by Calgary without interview. This is my first time applying to this school.

Of all the schools I applied to, I think I'd like to attend Queen's as my first choice.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Ticket

I'm an OOP applicant. I graduated in 2000 with a B.Sc. in Physics/Math. My GPA was 3.9/4.0.

PS: 11

VR: 10

BS: 10

WS: R

This is my first time applying to medical school. My first choice is undecided between Dal, MUN and UofC.

Guest bananacreampie

I'm an Alberta resident, just finished a BSc in Kinesiology (exercise health physiology) at U of C.

GPA: 3.9/4.0

MCAT: 11 (V), 13 (P), 13 (B), O

I have been accepted at U of A and U of C, still haven't figured out what my first choice is??

FIRST CHOICE: U of C !!

Guest sn0w0wl

I'm a BC resident in M.Sc. Toxicology graduate studies (undergrad was B.Sc. in Biology). I never worked out my 4-pt GPA (everyone calculates it differently, and my school didn't use a 4-pt system), but I only ever got one B+, rest A-, A, A+.

My MCAT scores were:

Physical Sciences: 14

Verbal: 12

Biological Sciences: 13

I was accepted by Calgary. This is my first time applying to this school (or any).

Still waiting to hear from the other school I applied to.

sorry this is late. i'm a bc resident, graduated in 2001. my gpa was 3.4/4.0 (3.9/4.0 last 2 years).

MCAT: 36R

PS 13

BS 11

VR 12

WS R

this is my first time applying to any school. accepted at UC and dal. waiting to hear from ubc and queen's.

Guest coleflower

I'm an Ontario resident. B.Sc. kinesiology at UW (just finished)

Cumulative GPA 3.97

My MCAT scores were:

Biological Sciences: 11

I was interviewed and rejected by Calgary. This is my first time applying to this school (or any).

Still waiting to hear from the other schools I applied to.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Lorae

I'm an Alberta resident with a BScN (nursing). This was my first time applying to Calgary and I was accepted!! Here are my numbers:

CGPA: 3.79

MCAT: 32R

PS: 9

VR: 10

BS: 13

I'm pretty sure I'll be attending Calgary!!

Edited to say I'm POSITIVE I'll be attending Calgary :D

Guest Salkh

Hi,

I'm an in-province resident just done my 4th year of undergrad. Overall GPA 3.9, prereq. GPA 3.8. MCAT not so hot:

BS 10

VR 08

PS 08

WS P

I was rejected by Calgary without interview and waitlisted by UofA. Don't have a first choice. Damn I'm mad the flames lost tonight.

Guest doubledr

Hi,

I'm an in-province resident in my 4th year of grad studies. Overall GPA 3.7, prereq. GPA 3.7.

MCAT:

BS 09

VR 10

PS 07

WS R

I was accepted by Calgary and am waiting to hear from UofA (not optimistic). UofA is my first choice.

Guest frogcanada

I'm an Alberta resident with a B.Sc. and an M.Sc. (finished school in 1997) - I've been working since then.

My GPA cumulative is probably about 3.2 due to a bad first two years, but in my last two undergrad years and MSc degree was about 3.8

MCAT: VR 11, BS 10, PS 10 and Q on the essay.

I've done a myriad of things including volunteering in India, working for the WHO in Washington and flipping between pharma and academic research.

I applied to Mac (not interviewed) and U of C only. I was pulled off the waitlist today (June 10). What a great wedding present for my upcoming nuptuals on July 2!

:D :D :D

Guest C Train

I'm an Alberta resident with a BSc (2001) and an MBA (2004), both from the University of Alberta.

Cumulative gpa around 3.8, prereq gpa around 3.75

MCAT: VR 10, PS 10, BS 12, Essay=Q

Applied to U of A and U of C. Rejected at U of A and accepted at U of C. Now worries though, U of C was my first choice.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest MMCL

I'm a third year (undergrad) applicant. GPA of best two years 3.72 but gpa on my application is 3.52

MCAT scores:

PS 13

VR 11

BS 11

Writing P

(total 35P)

This is my first time applying and the only school i've applied to. I would like to defer a year (but that isn't looking too hopeful)

• 9 months later...
Guest IBMD

Hi,

I am in province and I was accepted on May 6, 2005. I am currently finishing a graduate degree.

Undergrad GPA: 3.5

Graduate GPA 4.0

MCAT: 33T

Publications: 7 (3 published, 2 accepted, 2 submitted, 7 in preparation).

Good luck to all.

Ciao

Guest bigmac

In province. Accepted May 6th. I graduated from UofC with a BSc in Kinesiology in 2004 and have been working in a lab this past year.

Stats

GPA: 3.89 (best two years)

MCAT: PS 12, VR 12, BS 11, WS R

EC's: hospital volunteer, AIDS Calgary volunteer, varsity athlete, research experience, etc.

I was accepted at UofA, Western and Calgary and I have chosen UofC. See you in August!

D Mac

Guest NorthernMed

I'm an in province resident (living in SK now), graduated in 2003 with a B.Sc. in Knes. My GPA was 3.97 and my MCAT scores were:

Biological Sciences: 12

Written Sample: N

Lots of EC's, travel and work exp.

I was accepted by Calgary and UofS. This is my second time applying to this school.

Of all the schools I applied to, I'd like to attend Calgary as my first choice.

Congrats to all!!!

Archived