Premed 101 Forums

only 32 more days

Guest happy2bme

Guest wattyjl

at the ottawa info session they said that only recently (last year or two) did they up their deposit from 100 to 1000 bucks - for exactly the reason marble suggested: 100 bucks wasn't committing anyone to anything. i'm not sure if all the other schools are also 1000 dollars.

anyway, it's true, another $100 at this point is a drop in the pond.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest happy2bme

Although I think it is very unlikely, according to other posters in the beginning of this thread there is the possiblity of phone calls starting as early as May 1st.

THAT'S THIS WEEKEND!!! time to jump everytime the phone rings!

I still think it's going be closer to the 10th or so....

Guest medsmurf

I know it probably won't be this weekend but I can't help feeling anxious/nervous/excited at the possibility that calls could start going out.

Guest Lily

Hey guys :)

The day that I had my interview one of the 1st year med students told us that phone calls could start as early as May 1st, so hopefully we'll get some good news this week :)

Good luck to you all! This is such an exciting/nerve wracking time!

Lily:)

Guest Kirsteen

Hey there,

I have no idea when the acceptance calls shall be made or e-mails sent, (we haven't been told), but it is possible that it could be sooner rather than later as certain key individuals shall be going on well deserved holidays shortly. :)

Good luck to all of you waiting. Hopefully you hear some great news soon.

Cheers,

Kirsteen

Guest wylie348

Hmm... nothing so far ... I THINK the machine is plugged in ...

:)

AARRGHH! This waiting is simply making me crazy!

Guest canmed

Okay it is official, just called office. We will start hearing by phone this friday (May 6) or weekend, if you don't hear then you are waitlisted/rejected.

Guest lookgoodinscrubs

Hi Canmed,

Thanks for your post. I'm sure jittery this week. I can't seem to focus on anything with this decision looming!

BTW who did you speak to in the office?

:(

Guest CrazyKath

Does anyone know what the process is for letting people know of their acceptance? Is it just the phone call or do we get an email as well. Also will they leave messages for voicemail?

I'm out of town this weekend and I'll drive myself crazy if I have to worry about missing the phone call :D

Guest canmed

I spoke to a friendly female secretary, she said that there will be phone calls this weekend (did not know exect day) and letters would follow.

Guest canmed

Just found out a tiny bit more info.... they are calling Friday, and if you can't be reached they will also call Saturday....

8o :rollin :eek :hat

Guest CrazyKath

I can confirm that. Susan in the admissions office said Adele should be able to get through all of the calls this Friday.

Ulcer anybody? :eek

Guest jlw

Well here we go!! Hope to get a phone call but we'll see what happens... get out and enjoy the spring weather if you're having anything like the east coast is getting:D

Guest wylie348

This is it! The final stretch! Good luck everyone, and I hope to find out who you all are for REAL this summer at U of C!!!!!!!

:)

Guest squeegy80

Not to burst the phone call excitement, but does anyone know when wait-list (or rejection :\ ) letters go out? I had assumed the 15th, but now with the earlier contact date, maybe they'll go out this weekend too, or Monday??

So by the sounds of it they won't leave a message at your house on Friday, and try again Saturday? Or does "if you can't be reached" just mean if they don't have time to get to your name?

Sorry for the likely mostly rhetorical questions..... but after months of waiting it finally feels like answers are coming soon, so I'm a bit excitable.

thanks,

squeegy

Archived