Premed 101 Forums

Contacting references

Guest happy2bme

Guest happy2bme

On the application info, it states that MB will be contacting references of those who made the cut in Nov. for inprov and Jan? for OOP.

None of mine have been contacted and one is taking an unexpected "holiday" for a month starting on the 20th of Nov. Although they assured me that they have someone checking their mail and they will fill out forms/ write letters and send them UPS if need be while on holiday. I also don't know when mine will be checked as I am Special Consideration category.

So I'm just checking if anyone has heard or from past experience know what is required of the references and usually when letters/forms are due. Because if it's a telephone interview I am going to have to make sure that my reference can arrange to do this also while on holiday and get their itineray. Obviously I don't want to have to hound my reference unnecessarily if it's just a letter they need to write.

Anybody have experience with previous reference time frames..???

I am an in province applicant, and I know they sent out requests for letters. One of my references has received the request - it's just to send in a letter of reference as far as I know. Certainly not a phone call.

They should only send a letter and ask that it be returned. They will only call the reference if they don't send in the letter on time (like one of my references did to me)

Guest happy2bme

SO when would OOP references be notified?

Technically I'm a inprov manitoba special consideration category who is living OOP, so I don't know if this makes a difference when they contact references?

Archived