Premed 101 Forums

9 more sleeps!!!!

Guest Lorae

Guest Lorae

Alrighty... here is the official "I'm excited" thread :rollin

All our hard work and waiting is about to pay off... and the next phase of hard work is about to start :eek

Can't wait!

:D

I can't believe it's that soon! I haven't even really thought about school yet, I have just been enjoying my summer. I guess it's about time to get back in the mind frame.

I look forward to meeting everybody really soon.

ciao,

luch

Guest Kirsteen

Hi there,

Well, not too many more sleeps to go now. It's consistently difficult to believe that medical school starts this week. :eek

Cheers,

Kirsteen

Guest Kirsteen

Hey there katwoman,

FYI, I finally ran into the Calgary Science Centre. :) Nice area with a great view of the river.

Cheers,

Kirsteen

Guest katwoman2003

Hey Kirsteen:

It's a nice view around Science Centre, but I'm not moving until October, so I won't see that view for a few months. How do you like Calgary? I went golfing today and it was perfect weather (even with the clouds). Let's hit the links sometime...

K

Guest Kirsteen

Hi there,

marble: Thanks for asking. :) The lads seemed fine. Most likely, they were terrorizing the wee dog who apparently was loaded alongside them in stowage. That probably helped keep their minds off the new surroundings and turbulence.

K: I'm envious of the golfing and your soon-to-be view! How about next weekend for a round? As for your view, are you going to be in the big building across the road from the Centre? Back to golf: I'm hoping to hit the links today with my Dad, one last time in this Ontario golf season before the clubs make the journey out west. (I returned here on Sat. eve to tie up a load of loose ends, but fly back to Calgary to truly begin meds life on Tuesday eve.) As for Calgary, I'm adjusting. It's hugely different from TO in many ways, and I'm sure it'll be brilliant, especially once I actually get to know some people in town. :)

Cheers,

Kirsteen

Guest bananacreampie

Hey,

It is only 2 more sleeps now. I think the week is going very fast, probably because I have too much to do. Oh well, this first week is going to be great!

See you guys on wednesday,

bcp

Guest katwoman2003

Hey Kirsteen: I've visited TO a few times and I must say, the air is better in Calgary, and the golf is cheaper in Calgary. Correct me if I'm wrong:)

K

Guest Kirsteen

Hi there,

So what's everyone up to this evening before the beginning of O-week tomorrow? I'm flying back to Calgary today at 4pm from TO and probably have a bit of a night of unpacking ahead as well as ensuring that the alarm is set properly for tomorrow's early start. Wooo, fun!

Is anyone driving in from downtown tomorrow? If so, where are you planning to park? I am either going to leave my place a good chunk of time early to make sure that I can get the car parked, or I'll use some other means to get to school tomorrow.

Cheers,

Kirsteen

Guest Lorae

Tonight???

....Tonight I will be trying on every article of clothing I own, trying to find that perfect combination of casual/professional/flattering/comfortable :lol

I will be walking to school this year so I don't have to worry about parking... I do however have to worry about the weather and it *better* not rain tomorrow!

Guest Kirsteen

Hi there,

Regarding the Calgary weather tomorrow, what are the weather reports saying? (I'd look online, but I have to do some last-minute packing and boogie out of here.)

Cheers,

Kirsteen

Guest Lorae

Currently it's 16 and overcast with a 70% chance of showers this evening.

Tomorrow morning should be 13 and cloudy, with a daily forecasted high of 23 and a 30% chance of showers.

Actually wednesday's forecast is pretty much what they're saying up until monday...

have a good flight!

Guest katwoman2003

I don't remember dressing up for a first day of school ever. This will be my first. And yes, I hope it doesn't rain either because I'm going to be bussing it... K.

Guest frogcanada

I"m going to wear black pants just because all this talk of dress got me all paranoid about looking like a "daisy duke" (haha thanks Adele) - but pretty casual dressy. Geez I don't think I worried this much over first day of high school - do I ever feel like a big nerd...

Archived