Premed 101 Forums

Defer after waitlisted??

Guest happy2bme

Guest happy2bme

If you are pulled off the waitlist early on , can you still apply for a deferral or is it just for first round acceptances only??

Or is it based on how many spots they have available for deferrals whether they grant you a deferral and it doesn't matter if you came off the waitlist or not?

Regardless I'd accept the spot but I'm just wondering if they'd even entertain the idea.

Guest chenzy

I am not sure about this, but I do know that requests for deferrals must be received by June 2. So it may be that if you are pulled off the waitlist before that time they would consider your request.

Guest Cowgirl Jenn

I'm not sure about UofC specifically, but I was accepted in UofA off the waitlist, and at that time they had used up the quota deferral spots....so it wasn't even a possibilty for me. I'm betting it would be similar at UofC.

Good Luck,

Jenn

Guest happy2bme

Yeah the June 2nd deadline is what I forgot about.

So chenzy are you going to apply to defer or slug out the rest of your work this summer??

Guest chenzy

Hi Happy2bme,

I've already sent in a request for deferral as there is no way I will have my thesis finished on time for August. Apparently the admissions committee is going to wait for requests to arrive, then make their decisions based on priority.

Guest happy2bme

Good luck chenzy! Hopefully it'll be a light deferral year and you'll get it for sure! I can't imagine that they wouldn't grant a PhD candidate a deferral....

On a personal selfish side, I know you're inprov and your deferral would also move the waitlist so that also would make me very happy or at least someone at the top of the list anyways!

Good luck and I hope they don't keep you deferral guys waiting too long for an answer!

Archived