Premed 101 Forums

Differential bursaries

Guest Edwarder

Guest Edwarder

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone who applied for the differential bursaries has heard back yet. It says that successful applicants will be notified by mail by the end of June. I have my fingers crossed!

Ed

Guest Lorae

I called the office today and the files are still being reviewed. She wasn't sure what day the letters would go in the mail :(

I'm getting ancy too!

Guest Kirsteen

Hi there,

I just spoke with Admissions and apparently the award letters are being mailed today. So they should begin to arrive later this week or early next week.

Cheers,

Kirsteen

Guest Edwarder

I just received my letter to say that I am receiving one of the differential tuition bursaries! I am also going to be considered for other bursaries. Does anyone know the significance of these other bursaries...I don't expect to get too much more and am happily surprised that they are still going to consider me for other bursaries.

Ed

Guest Lorae

Congrats on the bursary!! Perhaps one will find it's way to my mailbox soon too :\

There are 40 differential tuition bursaries that are awarded now. There are other bursaries that are awarded in October. The one application form we filled out applies to all of them. A list of the other awards can be found here:

www.ucalgary.ca/pubs/cale...s/Med0.htm

hope that helps!

Guest sn0w0wl

I'm not entirely clear how all the money is being awarded--bursaries vs scholarships, etc. It may just be a matter of semantics, but I know a student who received the Nat Christie award as an "entrance scholarship" (the letter came back in June).

Guest Kirsteen

Hi there sn0w0wl,

That could well be the case. It looks as though the criterion for at least the Nat Christie award that they have on the site posted above, is that the person who receives it had the highest application score during that year's application cycle. If that's the case, then jolly good for them! They deserve it. :)

Cheers,

Kirsteen

• 3 weeks later...

Archived