Premed 101 Forums

Calgary to Edmonton

Guest Kirsteen

Guest Kirsteen

Hi there,

Just a quick query: how long would it take to 1) drive, and 2) fly to Edmonton from Calgary?

Cheers,

Kirsteen

Guest summervirus

From city centre to city centre, it takes around 3 hours to drive. I can't remember the exact time for the flight but it's less than half an hour. My friend had a ticket that he needed to use up earlier this year and chose to fly home (Calgary) this year and it ended up taking him a few hours because of the need to get to the airport early, the commute to the airport, etc. He didn't end up saving that much time.

Guest Kirsteen

summervirus: thanks for your speedy response. :)

It seems like the drive is super-quick. That's great.

Cheers,

Kirsteen

Guest summervirus

The 3 hour drive is a fairly conservative number too. *cough cough* I managed to get from one city centre to the other in less than 2 and a half hours before. ;)

Guest chemgirl

Indeed, I agree with summervirus! If your interpretation of the speed limit is somewhat, ahem, "liberal," you can make it there in 2.5 hours for sure!

Guest Kirsteen

Hi there,

Driving from Calgary to Lake Louise last weekend, I was pleasantly surprised by the 110km/hr speed limit. :)

Cheers,

Kirsteen

Guest Med2B

110 km/h is the speedlimit on Hwy 2 (between Edmonton and Calgary). But most people go between 120-130 km/h. Its a fairly mindless drive, straight roads all the way. 2.5hrs from city centre to city centre is definately doable.

Guest makdaddy08

Lotsa cops along Highway 2 though. Just be careful on the slopes and overpasses...they get you at the tops of hills where u can't see'em 'til it's too late. I usually drive 150 km/h on the flats and whenever there's a hill/dip I go to 120 km/h. I make the trip in a bit over 2 hours...

Archived