Premed 101 Forums

National Bank/MD management

Guest myfunnyvalentine

Guest myfunnyvalentine

Hi everyone,

I am in the process of setting up an appt. with the National bank through MD management to discuss a LOC. I was wondering if anyone else had any experience with the National bank here in Calgary.

Thanks for any input. See you all soon.

Guest myfunnyvalentine

Hi again,

I'm having bad luck with the banks, in that I'm meeting with people who are very unorganized and uninformed about the LOC stuff. Is there anyone at RBC that you would recommend in Calgary? Thanks so much.

Guest Kirsteen

Hi there,

I've been dealing with Kevin Fernandes here in Toronto (University/Dundas branch), who is very nicely appraised of the RBC policies surrounding the LOCs for medical students. It might be worthwhile to approach an RBC representative in Calgary and ask them to contact Kevin if they have any questions. Kevin will definitely be able to fill them in.

Cheers,

Kirsteen

Guest myfunnyvalentine

That's wonderful advice, thanks Kirsteen. My RBC person is saying that prime plus one is the norm, and my CIBC person never returns calls and is constantly on vacation. I'm having an odd experience overall.

See you soon. Dana

Guest ctrain07

i went with cibc (Professional Edge student LOC program) and got prime. The lady was extremely helpful, but I did mine in Edmonton.

Guest AusMeds

I went with RBC and service was fabulous. Called up their call centre one night (1-800-807-2683) and spoke to a very knowledgeable agent who took all my info over the phone. Within 18 hours, I had the call back that I was all approved at prime. And I'm off to school in Australia which I thought was going to be a hurdle. Not at all. Royal Bank was VERY impressive!! Only had to go into the branch to sign the papers.

Archived