Premed 101 Forums

Class of 2007 - who's in??

Guest Lorae

Guest Lorae

I'd be in for some skating lessons too... it's probably my best bet to buy some hockey skates and see what happens when I step out on the ice (before I invest in a whole set of gear).

In answer to your question Katwoman, I am hoping to get trained at the foothills (casual/relief). I am highly doubtful I'll be able to work often, but even 1 shift/month helps. Every penny I earn is 1 penny I don't have to pay back when I'm 40 (the idea of buying groceries and toilet paper with credit for the next 3 years is killing me) :rolleyes

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest biochemicle

Hi, everybody! I'm 99% sure it'll be Calgary for me, too... finishing up my MSc in Med. genetics at U. Alberta right now, but looking forward to meeting the whole bunch in August. I'll probably arrive close to the first - anyone need a housemate?

Think I'd also like to try hockey, but I've only played twice (in high school gym). I can barely skate forwards. Anyways, if it's not too competitive it should be fun.

See you all in eight and a half weeks. So soon! :eek

Guest bananacreampie

Hey,

I am actually moving into a condo in the same tower as Heidio. It is going to be a great location, especially if there are a couple of med students in the area. This is going to be a great year, but I have so much to get ready.

For people already living in Calgary, where are you going for your shots?

thanks, bcp

Guest frogcanada

:rollin :rollin :rollin

I'm from Calgary and my parents live just off campus... so I may stay with them for a bit until we find a condo to buy...

FC

Guest frogcanada

Thanks everyone - you've been so supportive over the last few months - it's very heartwarming! I look forward to meeting you all in the flesh soon...

:)

Guest marbledust

Maybe he thought you were a boy frog because you took part in the Flames thread :lol

Now I am assumming that Dafunk is male, which I have no basis for such an assumption. On the chat board a few nights ago we were trying to guess of who was chatting which people were male and which were female. Almost everybody guessed wrong, which was quite halarious.

Guest frogcanada

girl froggies like hockey too!!! ;)

Yes I can imagine it's impossible to tell - you get this idea of who someone is by their comments/name/etc and then you always think of them as being just like that!

Ah well. boy or girl, I'm one happy frog right now. (even if Calgary did lose...) I was counting back, and I think I have about 6 or 7 years worth of PFO letters/reject files from multiple schools to finally get rid of - some sort of ceremonial burning is in order I think... see people you should NEVER give up hope if it's what you really want...

:P

Guest Dafunk

Sorry FrogCanada,

I wrongely presumed you were male. I will remember to be less assumptive next time. Congrats again though!!!

Marbledust: Yup, Im a guy!

Dafunk

Guest Kirsteen

Hey there,

frogcanada, I know what you mean re: internet aliases and gender tags! A few moons ago, when I chronically played Starcraft I had the handle, CaptJapan (a nod to one person's pseudonym for Judge Lance Ito). Over and over few folks would believe that I wasn't a dude. I guess there may be one frontier that remains to be breached. :)

Cheers,

Kirsteen

Guest marbledust
girl froggies like hockey too!!!

I agree! Jerika81 and I, also both took part in that thread and we are girls (but not frogs) :P

Anyways we are glad to have all the new people who have been accepted to Calgary :)

Guest Makunouchi

Hey Lorae,

Just reading the posts, and I was wondering if you were one of the people I talked to during the interview weekend (a Monday was it?). First name begins with H?

Congrats on getting in to UofC!

(If you aren't that person... emm.. Congrats anyways!)

Guest Kirsteen

Hi there,

To the Class of 2007: are any of you into squashing or golfing? Also, if you know Calgary more than I do, do you know of any good public courses and squash courts? I'm looking forward to getting my squash and golf bearings out there and perhaps getting out on the course or onto the courts with some of you. :)

Cheers,

Kirsteen

Guest Spicy Aam

Hi Kirsteen,

Squash is really big at the U of C. They have multiple courts in the kinesiology complex on main campus. I'm sure you'll have a blast there.

Golfing in Calgary is Great!!! Not only do we have world-class golf courses within the city, Calgary is also very lucky to be in very close proximity to Kananaskis, Banff, Canmore etc. which all have excellent, extremely scenic golfing. I've heard that Alberta houses 6 of the top 10 Canadian golf courses.

Calgary is really wonderful. It was apparently ranked as the world's best city (news link below)!

cnews.canoe.ca/CNEWS/Cana...99227.html

So, anyway - we look forward to having you Kirsteen!

Spicy

Guest Lorae

Yeah that sounds like me Makunouchi.... my anonimity has been lost :( (hehe)

I hate to say I'm not a name person but I never forget a face, so PM me with a description so I can figure out who you are.... have you decided what school you're attending????

Guest Kirsteen

Hi there Spicy,

Thanks very much for all that info--very cool. :D

It sounds as though you've decided to be a part of the Calgary 2007 class, yeh? If so, then see you soon!

Cheers,

Kirsteen

Guest katwoman2003

Kirsteen: I'm big on Golf! I took lessons with a Dan Cameron (so called "Swing Doctor" for Calgary Herald, but he no longer writes for them now), and I'm psyched about practicing up. I just realized that buying good golf clubs leave you little room to blame your shots on the equipment:b

All the public courses are good considering the cheap prices. The par 3's greens are a bit lumpy but good for a quick nine-hole game when you're on a busy schedule. Maple Ridge is renovating right now but you can still do 15 holes for a price cut - it's one of my favourite city courses. Shagannappi is probably the most challenging but it's a lot of fun. If you're seriously coming to U of C, we should definitely hit the links!!!

Guest bananacreampie

Hey,

Just to add to the above post, as a student at U of C the squash courts at main campus are free. You can even book time ahead or walk on.

Calgary also has a public frisbee golf course, I am going for the first time tomorrow, so we'll see what it's like.

August 4th is coming up fast, I can't believe June is almost over.

cheers, bcp

Archived