Premed 101 Forums

research

Guest katwoman2003

Guest katwoman2003

I'm not in the MSc. or PhD program, but I would like to be involved in some kind of research project during school. Do any of you know how I can get my feet wet? K

Guest Kirsteen

Hi there K,

We have the year-long RMEBM (Research Methods and Evidence Based Medicine) course that gives us an opportunity to create a research proposal the research for which we can then conduct in second year. I've been in touch with the course coordinator and professor and apparently it is encouraged that we tackle a project in the clinical epidemiologic realm. If that's the type of research that interests you, then that's one option. :)

Another is to contact the faculty directly. I've done this too and seem to have had a decent bit of luck in stirring up some interest from the faculty re: chatting further about research projects. However, clinical epidemiologic research is what I'd like to do and that can be more easily done in conjunction with a medical program (I think). I'm not sure about basic science research, but again, if that is what interests you, I'm sure you will find some receptive Calgary faculty out there. (U. of Calgary folks are very impressive in terms of responding to queries. :) )

Cheers,

Kirsteen

Guest Kirsteen

Hi there K,

There probably are, although I haven't been sniffing them out specifically. :) Have a look at the list of faculty who may be active in surgery and also, research. That would probably be your best bet in terms of finding that sort of project.

Cheers,

Kirsteen

Archived