Premed 101 Forums

Confirmation? Information?

Guest Lorae

Guest Lorae

Perhaps it's because I'm still in the habit of stalking my mail carrier... but should we be getting any more information from the faculty of medicine or the university before August 4th?

-confirmation of enrollment?

-student ID number?

-campus orientation package?

-official fees statement?

etc

or does everything get dealt with during orientation week?

I'm getting ancy! I do believe this is the first time in my life I've been soooo eager to start school. I'm such a nerd... I'd even go out and buy a shiny, pretty, new textbook just to rub it and say "ooohhhh.., my first doctorly book"

hehe

I'm moving to Calgary on July 5th and am going to get trained in a job there (although I have no idea if I'll actually work much during school). Once things get a bit closer to the 4th of august those of us who are in Calgary should meet up for a pre-orientation visit!!

Guest katwoman2003

I'm glad you posted that msg b/c at least I don't feel as much of a nerd:lol

Before Adele left for vacation she said that registration will be arranged for us, and everything else will be dealt with during O-week. I was concerned about getting my student number also, but I guess we'll have to be patient. Unless, somebody else got other updated info about our status?

K

Guest frogcanada

You wanna talk NERD? When I got my acceptance, my fiance bought me a new stethescope as a present!!! OK I guess that makes him the nerd, but it is kinda fun to caress... (the scope, not my fiance) :lol

My brother in law is a GP at U of T and guided him on which one to buy.. I guess it's one less thing I have to buy. But being so busy planning a wedding, I haven't even had time to fully realize that I finally got into med school. When I opened up the stethescope, my first reaction was "this is for a doctor - what the heck am I gonna do with this??"

Anyway, I'm anxious just to know that my deposit was received OK - maybe I will email Susan.

:P

Guest katwoman2003

Hey Frog: What kind of Steth did your fiance buy you?

I'm so paranoid with all the paperwork that everything I've sent to U of C med were brought in in person either by me or my mother :o

Guest frogcanada

Ha!

I haven't told my mother that I got in (or even applied) yet! I'm waiting until I go to Calgary on Sunday for my wedding - I'll shock her then...

My fiance got me a Littman Cardiology III. His bro told him that it was reasonably priced yet not bottom of the line. That's all I know!

:b

Guest Ian Wong

The Littman Cardiology 3 is right at the top of the line for Littman. The only more expensive acoustic stethoscope they offer is the Master Cardiology, which (just my opinion) is less versatile as it's a single-headed scope as opposed to the Cardiology 3, which is a double-headed scope.

Here's a past review of the Cardiology 3 in the Textbooks and Equipment Reviews forum:

p084.ezboard.com/fpremed101frm32.showMessage?topicID=63.topic

The Cardiology 3 is the stethoscope that probably 90+% of your classmates are going to purchase this fall, so your fiance really couldn't have done himself better. :)

Ian

Guest Kirsteen

Hi there,

I just spoke with Susan in Admissions re: the metamorphosis of "provisional" status to "definitely in" status. For any of you (like me) who are graduate students, if you didn't take any courses this past fall/winter term then you're in the "definitely in" category. Apparently "provisional" status and the requirement for transcripts is for those students who did complete courses in the fall/winter who need to prove that they maintained a certain level of GPA.

Also, for graduate students, it's perfectly fine for you to begin class and return to your home department to defend your graduate thesis. (That's what I'll be doing. :) )

Cheers,

Kirsteen

Archived