Premed 101 Forums

Scholarships/bursaries

Guest sn0w0wl

Guest sn0w0wl

Can any current students share with us what proportion of the class receives university scholarships or bursaries?

(Those who received entrance awards, did you report them on your loan applications and still get a lot of cash from the government?)

Guest marbledust

I honestly don't know what the percentage is. If you recieve scholarship or busary and it is above a certain amount, you need to include that information on your loan application and they deduct it from your loan "award" amount - the word award in the assessment always made me smile, let us award you some debt. Since it has been many years since I have used the student loan application, I can't even tell you what it is. It wasn't very much if I recall correctly. Of course I suppose you could leave it off and risk an audit :lol

Guest katwoman2003

Is anybody taking student loans? I was just wondering how much are you taking ie. enough for school fees only, or enough to cover living, books, etc. also? When I was using the debt repayment calculator, the cumulative interests we have to pay back is pretty high...K.

Archived