Premed 101 Forums

Accepted/Rejected/Waitlisted??? (for current applicants)

Guest Ian Wong

Accepted/Waitlisted/Regrets: Accepted today! (Was waitlisted 1st tier) at 10:08 am.
In Province (IP)/ Out of Province(OOP): IP
GPA(x.xx/4.5): 4.02/4.5 (4th quintile)
MCAT (xx.xx/15): 507 (5th quintile)
Rural/Non-Rural: Rural
SES: None
Advanced Academics (PhD, pubs, academicappointment): Masters degree but it didn’t count.

19 hours ago, JD4 said:

Accepted/Waitlisted/Regrets: Accepted! (9:51 am EST)
In Province (IP)/ Out of Province(OOP): IP
GPA(x.xx/4.5): 4.4/4.5
MCAT (xx.xx/15): 516
Rural/Non-Rural: Rural
Advanced Academics (PhD, pubs, academic appointment): N/A

Curious if you don't mind sharing, we're you accepted off the waitlist or through normal acceptance?

On 5/13/2021 at 9:33 AM, Medhopeful24 said:

Accepted/Waitlisted/Regrets: Waitlisted (1st tier)
GPA(x.xx/4.5): 4.13/4.5
MCAT (xx.xx/15): 513
Rural/Non-Rural: rural and some SES factors
Advanced Academics (PhD, pubs, academic appointment): none

Was just accepted this evening off the waitlist!

Edit: Got the email at 8:18pm, which I found a bit odd. Good luck to everyone, hopefully it'll keep moving along at this pace!

On 5/13/2021 at 5:12 PM, mamba said:

Accepted/Waitlisted/Regrets: Waitlisted 
GPA(x.xx/4.5): 4.1/4.5
MCAT (xx.xx/15): 514
Rural/Non-Rural: some
Advanced Academics (PhD, pubs, academic appointment): N/A

36 minutes ago, DogMD said:

Looks like so far we have about ~5 tier 1 acceptances? So if there are 5 per tier perhaps we might start to hear of some tier 2 movement next? 

It does seem this way, but hard to know for sure! I don’t think it’s unrealistic for Tier 2 to expect to begin to hear in the next week, especially when looking back relative to the last few cycles and when Tier 1 was having this much action! 

Anyways… congratulations to those who have got in off of Tier 1 so far! This is a huge accomplishment! And to those in Tier 2, fingers crossed to hear back soon! 

2 minutes ago, manitobamd7 said:

It does seem this way, but hard to know for sure! I don’t think it’s unrealistic for Tier 2 to expect to begin to hear in the next week, especially when looking back relative to the last few cycles and when Tier 1 was having this much action! 

Anyways… congratulations to those who have got in off of Tier 1 so far! This is a huge accomplishment! And to those in Tier 2, fingers crossed to hear back soon! 

Agreed, assuming that most of the people from tier 1 are posting here anyways! Seems like there were more post here made by Tier 1 people, but the poll in my other post has four respondents from tier 2 so hopefully we will hear from them all when they get accepted :D!

Who knows maybe this year will be an abnormally lucky year for us people on the waitlist :D! It does seem to be moving 'fast' but that could just be wishful thinking. 

5 minutes ago, DogMD said:

Agreed, assuming that most of the people from tier 1 are posting here anyways! Seems like there were more post here made by Tier 1 people, but the poll in my other post has four respondents from tier 2 so hopefully we will hear from them all when they get accepted :D!

Who knows maybe this year will be an abnormally lucky year for us people on the waitlist :D! It does seem to be moving 'fast' but that could just be wishful thinking. 

I’m with you there, could be an exceptional year! It’s extremely difficult to see how the impacts of COVID-19 and online interviews might play out on waitlist movement (the same applicants getting many acceptances nationwide?) - so far all indications seem to be promising!

16 minutes ago, manitobamd7 said:

I’m with you there, could be an exceptional year! It’s extremely difficult to see how the impacts of COVID-19 and online interviews might play out on waitlist movement (the same applicants getting many acceptances nationwide?) - so far all indications seem to be promising!

Agreed! I'm hoping 'my' theory (a theory based on little actual evidence lol) is correct in that many people applied more broadly this year because of online interviews thus there will be lots of movement on waitlists! Although from the sounds of it a lot of people have been having the same theory so maybe we are onto something :P