Premed 101 Forums

tuition fees of med schools

Guest mysticomen

Guest mysticomen

hi guyz

i am a graduate with a BSc. and now i want to go to med school. but the fees is too much. i was wondering if there was any financial aid availabe for med school students. something like osap. any one with info plz let me know.

thanx

Guest blinknoodle

I think your max OSAP amount is dependent on the length of your program (ie. how many weeks of the year you are in school), so McMaster might have higher OSAP maximums. (I think $14k is the max for UWO at least).

Guest Rome1

OSAP max for Mac Students comes to about $19k. I was very surprised by the amt, but it makes sense since we are in school for three semesters out of the year.

Guest satsumargirl

If you go to the OSAP site it can give you the specifics. I think the max amount is $350/week, so just multiply by the number of weeks in your program.

In addition to OSAP some schools will have bursaries etc. to help out. But I don't think there is anyway around graduating with a sizeable debt for the average student. OSAP will not cover tuition and living expenses etc. so likely will have to rely on bank LOCs.

Guest ploughboy

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----

Hash: SHA1

Hey mysticomen,

Welcome to the board! There's a lot of good information here in the old threads (even considering how many of them have disappeared), and I encourage you to have a look around, as many questions come up time and time again.

I suspect that the thread titled "LOCs", located in this very forum and currently holding 100+ posts will answer most of your questions about lines of credit.(1)

Cheers,

pb

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----

Version: GnuPG v1.2.3 (MingW32)

iD8DBQFC67O9/HNgbK3bC2wRAoiiAKCLOjwjSY2u78S1YZ/AtHXvn+qwagCfWT4e

KNGXlSjHa3zIGrM4pRqUgYU=

=5o/P

-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----

(1) Info here on lines of credit.

Archived