Premed 101 Forums

Signficant distance to significant other

Guest e142857

Guest e142857

Hey all!

I've just gotten an offer for Queens, and I'm a bit worried about the distance. You see, my significant other will be in Hamilton, and I'll be in Kingston. Are there buses or other transports that travel to these cities?

Thanks in advance!

Guest wattyjl

check out http://www.greyhound.ca or coach canada - they should have buses running between the two cities.

prob. the bus will take a while... if you could get a car you'd get there/back a lot faster, i can do hamilton to kingston in <3h (depending on traffic through TO of course).

kingston a signficant distance? try *sydney* and then get back to me ;)

Guest Fourier Transformed

The Alma Mater Society at Queen's University (undergraduate student government) organizes buses to Toronto (as well as Ottawa, Montreal, and perhaps another city I cannot remember) called the Tricolour Express. The prices tend to be cheaper than Coach Canada. There are several buses leaving every week at several times on Friday, and there is a return bus on Sunday at 7 PM.

I'm not sure if only undergrads are allowed to do this, but perhaps this is an option you can look into.

Coach Canada also has a bus that goes to Toronto. It's more expensive (I think ~$10? It has been a long time since I last bought a Tricolour Ticket). However, there is more flexibility in when you can leave, as buses leave much more regularly.

It takes around three hours to get to downtown Toronto on both Coach Canada and Tricolour. Coach Canada will drop you off at their bus depot, which is located just around the corner from St. Patrick subway station. The Tricolour will drop you right in front of Union.

You can then take a Go-train to Hamilton, which would probably be around an hour.

There is also the Via train option, but it is quite a bit more expensive than buses, albeit faster. In either case, you'd get dropped off at Union.

• 1 year later...

Archived