Premed 101 Forums

waitlist?

Guest breaker79

Guest breaker79

Hey everyone,

I couldn't wait until tomorrow, so I called this afternoon. The lady who answered was more than happy to let me know my status. I was put on the waitlist, thank God! It definitely beats a rejection, but does anyone know how many are on the waiting list?

Thanks, and good luck!

breaker

Guest nextstopmd

Hi Breaker,

I'm not sure how many people are on the waiting list this year, but you stand a really good chance of getting in if you're on the list. Last year, they went through just about all of the list for our class.

Many people decide to go elsewhere for various reasons, so it just means you'll have to wait a little bit longer to find out...

Best of luck,

nextstopmd

Guest theclevername

My guess would be that the wait list is longer this year because of what happened last year. It seems to me anyway that a lot of people are being waitlisted and so far no one has posted a rejection...so who knows.

Guest antissa

Waitlisted too. The lady told me there are just over 200 ppl on the list this year, which sounds about similar to previous years.

Does anyone know how many ppl get acceptances and how many get rejections?

Guest Isoceles

I'm waitlisted too (thanks SO much to Anne Cumpson for being so nice!!)

Would have loved a first round acceptance, but this is still good, if not great, news!

We should still have a 40-50% chance.

The game's not over for this girl yet!!!;)

Guest angelcali

Hi, I'm waitlisted too. I was wondering if the 200 person list includes people who were immediately accepted as well as those who were on the waitlist (that would be nice!).

Guest angelcali

thanks for letting us know. I read on another past thread that you can ask for your waitlist position after the second batch of acceptances are sent out. I wonder if that holds for our year.

Guest sultan of slings

Hi everyone,

I thought I would add my name to the waitlist. It seems like a big list.

Does Queen's only give acceptance letters up to the capacity of its classes, or do they anticipate some people declining the offer?

Any idea of how many people made it last year from the wait list?

Happy waiting.

Guest JC15

I think (but I´m not 100% positive) that Queen´s only sends out an initial 100 offers. Your chances on the waitlist are pretty good...so sit tight! I was in the same position two years ago, and now I just finished my 2nd year of med school. I know waitlists suck (I was on 3)...you wait in anticipation until the end of May...only to find out there is more waiting in store for you.

I´m not sure of how many people made it off the waitlist last year, but I think it usually runs between 80-100 or so. It really does vary from year to year, so you can´t tell what this year is going to be like.

Congrats to all those accepted and good luck to those on the waiting list!

Guest med2006

I have been wait listed as well.

I don't want to sound negative and all, but it seems like they waitlist everyone :)

However, that being said, best of luck to everyone on the list.

Med2006

Guest zhenlun

i was definately rejected last year...lol... i dunno if they changed it, but i know a lot of people who were rejected last year too

Guest Steve U of T

Last year, it seems they put a cap on the waiting list, probably based on their estimate of how many people turned down offers of admission in prior years. So they fixed the wait list to a certain number, and rejected everyone else (myself included). However, they supposedly had more people turn down offers than they expected, and ended up inviting people that received initial rejections. They might be trying to avoid that situation this year by either increasing the size of their waiting list, or even putting all qualified applicants on the waiting list, as a lot of schools do. Somebody who called and found out they were rejected might not feel comfortable saying that, so it'll be a while before we find out how they're running the waiting list this year. I haven't bothered to call to find out my status this year, but if I am rejected, I'll be sure to let you all know (got accepted to UWO, which is my top choice, so I don't really care).

Guest Isoceles

Near the top of this thread Antissa says that someone in admissions told her that slightly over 200 people were waitlisted. So assuming 100 first round acceptance offers and 450-500 people interviewed (I never heard the actual number), that means there is slightly less than 150-200 people who were, indeed, rejected. That's my calculation anyway! :P

• 1 year later...

Archived