Premed 101 Forums

GPA Cutoff?

Guest Gracchi

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

yes, i think all schools are provided with the OMSAS scale GPA (as well as your marks in %) so the assumption is that they will use the OMSAS calculations, but they are free to do what they will with the numbers they are given (according to OMSAS). If you're really borderline, you might want to consider EXACTLY how they calculate the GPA, since there may be some technicalities on account of the fact that Queens will consider years with less than 5 credits.

I know the same is true for Ottawa, but Ottawa actually weighs your GPA based on year and not how many credits you took that year. I know this sounds confusing, so let me elaborate: everyone knows that your most recent year is X3, then next distant is X2, etc... BUT what some people may not realize is that if you took different courseloads in each year, that is NOT taken into account. (ie a 3.9 year with 4 credits is equal to a 3.9 year with 5 credits as far as ottawa is concerned) The same may be true of Queen's, which, if you're borderline could make a big difference.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived