Premed 101 Forums

What do the interviewers know about u?

Guest spring2

Guest spring2

At the interview, when the interviewers have your autobiographical sketch, does that mean the 5 questions you answered, or the 5 questions you answered and the list of all your volunteer/extracurricular....

sorry if this is answered elsewhere, I could not find it:)

Spring2

Guest medeng

Here are the questions used this year (2005 entry), I think they use the same questions every year, but don't quote me on that...

1. Why do you wish to become a physician? (1500 Chars)

2. Explain how your development and previous experiences have contributed to your suitability to becoming a physician. (1500 Chars)

3. Explaining your choice as it relates to the study and practice of medicine, expand on one area described in the autobiographic sketch that demonstrates your sensitivity to others and the ability to form team relationships. (1500 Chars)

4. In relation to your anticipated study & practice of medicine, describe one area from your background that shows your ability for self-directed learning. (1500 Chars)

5. Explain your reasons for choosing your references. (1500 Chars)

Guest seedstrike

To view the five questions, you need to start an application with omsas (www.ouac.on.ca/omsas/). But it's too early to start an app for the next cycle so I doubt omsas will let you do so.

The five questions when I applied are listed below. I doubt they change from year to year but since I haven't seen the applications for the last two years, I can's say with absolute certainty.

1. Why do you wish to become a physician?

2. Explain in general how your development and previous experiences have contributed to your suitability to becoming a physician.

3. Expand on one area described in the autobiographic sketch that demonstrates your sensitivity to others and the ability to form team relationships.

4. Describe one experience from your background that shows your ability for self-directed learning.

5. Explain your reasons for choosing your references.

• 1 year later...

Archived